ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Presidential (or Vice Presidential) Debate
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kainiac  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Presidential (or Vice Presidential) Debate Reply with quote

Who watched it and thoughts on each of your respective candidates? All opinions open and welcome. So good and bad things from both sides tonight in my opinion.

BEGIN

Last edited by kainiac on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
geome  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much moaning from both parties.

Also, the people keeping the scorecards were idiots. I have no idea how half the minuses from both sides appeared. McCain got one before he had talked a single word, and then again when he sent his prayers to Senator Kennedy who's in the hospital.
They popped up halfway through the other debater speaking.

Learn to score.

Some of the references in the debate were completely inappropriate or didn't make any sense. The Holocaust reference, for example, made no sense whatsoever in context. (If Iran has nukes, there will be a Holocaust? What?) And then Obama was talking about "Nuclear Secrets" being sold to Syria at one point. "Nuclear Secrets" no longer exist, and decent nuclear physicist can make you a pretty decent bomb. It's just not that hard with modern technology. If you can refine uranium, you can make a bomb.

One every question, the candidates went on a tangent. Very few of the questions were answered at all. The economic crisis they both sort of blamed on government spending when asked. What? That didn't make any sense at all.

The comments on the Russia/Georgia conflict were not well done, either. Both sides had quite poor discussion on that topic.

I think the questioner and the candidates were all far too powdered (make-up wise.) And also, the candidates were rude to the questioner ("We need to go on." " I know, too bad.") Seriously, show some respect guys.

I did like McCain's suit. I have a thing for blue suits (I totally need one.)
He gets kudos for that.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to watch it, who won?
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geome wrote:
And also, the candidates were rude to the questioner ("We need to go on." " I know, too bad.") Seriously, show some respect guys.

I noticed this, too.

I loved when McCain failed hard at pronouncing that one guy's name. What was that again?
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the above poster, he said "Achmedinejad" when the real name is "Ahmendinejad." Obama actually said it too after hearing McCain say it a couple of times.

To be honest, this debate was terrible. It was a mudslinging bitch festival just like the rest of the election has been. Honestly I don't see how anyone can like one of these candidates more than the other since they are equally dumbasses.

I will give McCain props for being a courteous dumbass, though, at least he didn't interrupt Obama.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
deadhead15  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they both did horrible in my opinion. i am pretty sure we are going to get fucked horribly in the next four years no matter who gets elected, i prefer mccain if anyone though, mainly because taxes will be lower seeing he doesn't want universal healthcare (thank god)

Real Guitar Thread: most recent,Brand New Song In The Works http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89080

Accomplishments: most recent, Dark Matter FC (Crazy Chart)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: deadhead6391
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadhead15 wrote:
they both did horrible in my opinion. i am pretty sure we are going to get fucked horribly in the next four years no matter who gets elected, i prefer mccain if anyone though, mainly because taxes will be lower seeing he doesn't want universal healthcare (thank god)

Yep. All this debate really did was show the dominance of the one-party system present in America.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadhead15 wrote:

All that shows is unwillingness to sacrifice a little out of your own pocket to benefit others. Universal healthcare works. Look at Europe. Taxes are a necessary evil to keep the system functioning. To get something out, you have to put some in.

Also, I was expecting more. I'll be honest, it was very boring, and I normally get fired up over this stuff. Also, yes, lol at McCain being unable to pronounce that one guy's name.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
Bedlam  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this debate will really sway anyone either way. Obama backers will still back Obama, McCain backers will still back McCain, undecided will probably still be undecided.

I could talk about each point and type my ass off, but I'll just stick to one thing. I'm not sure why people seem to think talking to other leaders is such a bad thing, and McCain trying to make fun of Obama for doing it. If war really is a last option, then we have to use diplomacy first. Why not have the President speak directly to the leaders Iran/any other country we might go to war with? McCain's attitude is "you want to actually talk things out with other leaders? Haha at you, lets all laugh at you." Meanwhile the whole not talking to anyone we have disagreements with is the Bush policy that has failed miserably. Why is a diplomacy first action laughed upon? I just don't understand that...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedlam wrote:
I don't think this debate will really sway anyone either way. Obama backers will still back Obama, McCain backers will still back McCain, undecided will probably still be undecided.

I could talk about each point and type my ass off, but I'll just stick to one thing. I'm not sure why people seem to think talking to other leaders is such a bad thing, and McCain trying to make fun of Obama for doing it. If war really is a last option, then we have to use diplomacy first. Why not have the President speak directly to the leaders Iran/any other country we might go to war with? McCain's attitude is "you want to actually talk things out with other leaders? Haha at you, lets all laugh at you." Meanwhile the whole not talking to anyone we have disagreements with is the Bush policy that has failed miserably. Why is a diplomacy first action laughed upon? I just don't understand that...

I'll tell you what's laughable: the interventionist foreign policy that both candidates apparently have a raging hardon for.
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:

I'll tell you what's laughable: the interventionist foreign policy that both candidates apparently have a raging hardon for.

Agreed. Completely agreed. Completely fucking agreed. America does not need to stick their nose into other countrys' bullshit.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
bmwhiskerZ  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that there wasn't really a winner. Pretty boring debates.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-60t7xliTkU
http://youtube.com/zacklesauce
Bedlam  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkjt510 wrote:

Yeah to be honest, I'd much rather us just stop fucking worrying about making sure every other country does what we like... But saying stuff like that isn't gonna win over the undecided, which is what the whole debate is about.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedlam wrote:
inkjt510 wrote:

Yeah to be honest, I'd much rather us just stop fucking worrying about making sure every other country does what we like... But saying stuff like that isn't gonna win over the undecided, which is what the whole debate is about.

Sure it will. It'd win over every Libertarian in the country and most of the other 3rd party voters.
deadhead15  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
deadhead15 wrote:

All that shows is unwillingness to sacrifice a little out of your own pocket to benefit others. Universal healthcare works. Look at Europe. Taxes are a necessary evil to keep the system functioning. To get something out, you have to put some in.

Also, I was expecting more. I'll be honest, it was very boring, and I normally get fired up over this stuff. Also, yes, lol at McCain being unable to pronounce that one guy's name.

not really, i just don't want to pay for lazy people that don't work, or illegal immigrants. and if people have too shitty of a job to afford health care, they should go to McDonald's i worked there and they had health care with the job, that and i think walmart does too. it isn't just that either, i was in my economics class and we were looking into this, with obama taxes will be approximately double of what mccain is planning on issuing. plus i am tight on money and don't have it to give out.

Real Guitar Thread: most recent,Brand New Song In The Works http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89080

Accomplishments: most recent, Dark Matter FC (Crazy Chart)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: deadhead6391
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: