Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Media Players
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Media Players Reply with quote

Ok, so I've had my laptop for a while now... and I am running Windows Vista, and I LOVE music. I used to have a SHIT load of music, and I loved having it organized the way it was in Windows Media Player 10 on my old desktop. Well I wiped the hard drive on my desktop expecting that my friend would return my hard drive which has the back ups of all my stuff on it. Well, said friend just moved to Canada and I have no way of contacting him.

So I started my collection all over again on this here laptop, and damn it, I HATE WMP 11. It is HORRIBLE. And I can't just uninstall and put in 10 because 10 won't run on Vista.

What music players do you guys use? What is a good substitute for WMP 10 if that is your cup of tea? Is there any way that you know of that I could just get WMP 10 on this computer? (also, I'm currently using Winamp... and its just NOT doing it for me )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iTunes works really well, actually (Assuming that your files are mp3s, and not wav or something). It's free, and allows you to customize everything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
iTunes works really well, actually (Assuming that your files are mp3s, and not wav or something). It's free, and allows you to customize everything.

Yeah, I'm thinking that that may be the best alternative... But I'm still holding out for a solution for getting WMP 10.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.winamp.com/ if you don't want itunes.

This is how real geeks fly.
shooter21198  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foobar 2000 with addons equals the second coming of christ and also very lightweight
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geome wrote:
http://www.winamp.com/ if you don't want itunes.

This is how real geeks fly.

See OP. :P

I think I would like this a lot more if I had used it since I used WMP 10, but its pretty much the same as winrar and 7zip to me, all I hear is that 7zip is better, but winrar has 7zip support and I'm used to its interface, so I just use it unless for some odd reason I'm FORCED to use 7zip.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Mac user, I'm part of a minority here... But, I'd defiantly get iTunes, as it can organise your music easily, is compatible with many MP3 players (they don't just do iPods you know) and has a neat layout with CoverFlow to see your album art.

But if you're looking for an all around media player (for AVIs and whatnot) I'd go with VLC. It's a load more stable than any Windows ones I've dealt with, and a lot more foolproof too.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
iimeanyii  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itunes

If I do recall, I think that it can change some of your files to the mp3 format for you if they are in a format other than mp3, don't quote me on that though.
geome  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, you're doing it wrong then.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geome wrote:
Bah, you're doing it wrong then.

What? lol

Also: I use VLC for all my video needs. :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you so skeptical of iTunes? It's by far the best supported/ most widely used media player around.
damienblack  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because something is widely used doesn't make it the best for the task... I'll bet it is the most widely used because it comes packaged with iPod.

I second Foobar2000 with a custom configuration. If you're interested I can link you to the config I'm using, I found it on their forums...very neat looking, and easy to install.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Ares 1.9.3. It is the awesomest program ever. It has a web browser set up in it and you can make over 5 tabs with. It has its own audio and video player. It's P2P so you can download files from other users. It lets you customize the titles for your music and video library to anything you want it to be. I say get it, just search Ares 1.9.3. on Google. DO NO DOWNLOAD ARES DESTINY IT IS A FAKE AND WILL GIVE YOU A VIRUS

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
D3sr0ch3  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itunes is what I use I like it alot better then windows media player anyways heres a link to download itunes if you wanna try it. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Itunes myself. Great organization, layout, easy to import songs from CDs, keeps songs in folders by artist, then song within the artists folder making songs easy to find.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: