ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What's your reaction?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you find GH actually makes you really angry?
Every waking hour
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Every time I play
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Every once in a while when I can't get this one part...
73%
 73%  [ 39 ]
What are you talking about? Playing GH puts me in a zen state of mind!
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 53

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: What's your reaction? Reply with quote

Ok..well in another topic in this forum, ES was just talking about how he missed the last note in Heart Full of Black in a rivarly with Krimsun, and as a result lost to him by 2 stupid points. Everyone's missed a last note and made stupid mistakes and stuff like that...I just wanted to know what people's reactions are when things like that happen? Do you smash the guitar or throw it? Do you stop playing? Gape in disbelief? Personally, I usually just pause the game, stare upward with my mouth open and ask the GH god "Why, oh for the love of god, why???" and usually end my monologue with the ever-popular "Un-f***ing believable...." That definitely occurred last night when I was working at Crossroads and had about a 630 note streak, when I blew one of the easy star powers...I felt like a vein was going to pop out of my head.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. When I can't get a part that I've been going for, especially if it's an easy part, I usually scream that the t.v. and, in a swift fit of rage, press Start, Down, Green to restart the song in one smooth motion, so quickly that the word "Restart" doesn't even get highlighted before restarting the song. I try to avoid the obscenities though, because I got in trouble once for screaming "You Bastard!" at an RPG when someone killed one of my guys (I should have named the guy "Kenny" ). I don't smash/throw/harm my guitar in any way though, because I know what it's like to have to live without a guitar to play GH, and it sucks ass.

However, when the opposite happens, it's one of the greatest feelings in the world, although it probably doesn't compare to beating Sanbone Trio in Gitaroo Man. Actually, I'm sucking at GH right now, so I think I'll try that again.

EDIT: Well, it didn't take me long to give up on Sanbone Trio after trying again. Back to Guitar Hero.
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had fits of frustrated rage at video games before, but somehow never with Guitar Hero. Even when I play the wrong chord when the song really isn't fast at all, I only get mindly exasperated. I really have no idea why.

Bark at the Zoo
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, when the opposite happens, it's one of the greatest feelings in the world, although it probably doesn't compare to beating Sanbone Trio in Gitaroo Man.

Yeah, I remember when I beat the Sanbone Trio on Master Mode...really nothing did compare to that at all. I tried so many times, and I remember when I beat it, I fell to my knees, raised my hands in the hair, and screamed such that my roommate thought I had been shot. I actually made a poster after that commemorating the date and time I beat it, and put it on the ceiling above my bed so that it was the very first thing I'd see when I woke up every day.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Cheat on the Church to show that I don't suck, it was just a mistake. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No other game I have ever played has given me the highs and lows that come with guitar hero. There is nothing like finally nailing a song after trying for hours... there is nothing more frustrating than trying something over and over only to see you are getting progressivly worse....
eachann  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually get mad, certainly not to the point of wanting to throw or smash my guitar. One thing that does get to me though is when I am able to do parts of songs that seem hard, but then I get to parts that seem easy and I miss notes again and again.

A good example is "Unsung" , I think it applies to medium too if I remember right, but I'm thinking of Hard right now. I have a really hard time for some reason maintaining an exact rhythem over long strings of a single note or chord. I don't know why. I can get through the "solo" type parts of the song at or near 100% but I will miss notes constantly during the easy parts where it's just strings of a single note or chord. I have a bitch of a time keeping my multiplier up, every time I get to 3 or 4x I go and miss a stupid note in the string. It's really frustrating.

I also get annoyed by the fact that I have a much harder time going down the scale (example doing b-y-r-g) than I do going up the scale (g-r-y-b). I don't know why this is, but it really messes me up on some songs like Frankenstein and CFH. I have gotten a bit better at this though since I started working on alternate picking vs downpicking only.
Anthony  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got angry once and a while trying to FC and 5 star some songs. But no game will ever come close the frustration of DDR. The thing that makes DDR so much more frustrating is that it's so much more physical. Some songs I knew I could beat after a while but at that time my heart was about to explode out of my chest. When I beat Max 300 on Heavy I literally just fell to the floor and lied there for a good 15 minutes trying not to pass out.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
Some songs I knew I could beat after a while but at that time my heart was about to explode out of my chest. When I beat Max 300 on Heavy I literally just fell to the floor and lied there for a good 15 minutes trying not to pass out.

Same here.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

generally, playing guitar hero makes me happy because i dont smoke nearly as often as opposed to when i play other games. so i guess GH keeps me kinda healthy. unless a song just pisses me off. then ill smoke to calm down. usually while playing 'fire it up'. i just love playing that song while smoking for some reason
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Crossroads and my dad phoned me on the intercom, i ignored it, then he shouted up to me and put me right off, i wanted to punch him one
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fall into this category since last night trying to full combo CotC Hard. It's beyond frustrating.. I've now combo'd through the first two solos 11 times and have never gotten through the ending.. yet if I screw up in the 2nd solo and decide to continue, then I'll never miss.

So many of the 11 mistakes were the most incrediblly dumb things ever.. it's like I have this mental block preventing me from successfully finishing the song knowing that I got through the 2nd solo.. but I know a lucky run will happen eventually if I keep trying.

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
press Start, Down, Green to restart the song in one smooth motion, so quickly that the word "Restart" doesn't even get highlighted before restarting the song.

Yes.. I am the master at that technique.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was trying multiple times in a row to five star texas flood. i told my dad that this was the last one i needed to be a guitar god. so he sat down and watched me. after the third attempt with a four star, he goes, "so, you're still playing like jimmy" jimmy is stevie's brother, who can't play guitar at all. so i was even more persistent. then i eventually got it.
Genga  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
krimsunmunkeys wrote:
press Start, Down, Green to restart the song in one smooth motion, so quickly that the word "Restart" doesn't even get highlighted before restarting the song.

Yes.. I am the master at that technique.

its alright for you, i have difficulty finding the pissing start button!
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same thing too. I restarted SO many times on CFH trying to 5 star it. Did it by accident on song other songs when I just pause it to get the phone or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: