ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Post your Music Maker questions here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me a list of the notes that make up all the chords? I always failed at chords... here are all the chords in case you don't wanna load the game:

Power
Major
Minor
Palm Mute
Major 7
Minor 7
Dominant 7
Minor 7th b 5
Suspended 4
Diminished
Augmented

Just use C as the root note please

I know what power, major, and minor are, but no clue to the others. Also, are any of them tritone sounds? I'd be pretty stupefied if they didn't put tritone chords in the game...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
lollerskater  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exactly does the MIDI import work? I think Swiftly Swift made the SMB theme using that...
X360: GH3 | GH:M | GH5 | GH:VH | RB2
I make custom songs. Meaning I make my own music and chart them. Kind of like ExileLord
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: metallicais1337
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Can someone give me a list of the notes that make up all the chords? I always failed at chords... here are all the chords in case you don't wanna load the game:

Power - C G C
Major - C E G
Minor - C Eb G
Palm Mute - C
Major 7 - C E G B
Minor 7 - C Eb G Bb
Dominant 7 - C E G Bb
Minor 7th b 5 - C Eb Gb Bb
Suspended 4 - C F G
Diminished - C Eb Gb A
Augmented - C E G#

I know what power, major, and minor are, but no clue to the others. Also, are any of them tritone sounds? I'd be pretty stupefied if they didn't put tritone chords in the game...

Added them in your quote.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
pman5595  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Power
Major
Minor
Palm Mute
Major 7
Minor 7
Dominant 7
Minor 7th b 5
Suspended 4
Diminished
Augmented

wait all those chords are in the game? GHMix 1.0 also?

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Power
Major
Minor
Palm Mute
Major 7
Minor 7
Dominant 7
Minor 7th b 5
Suspended 4
Diminished
Augmented

Those are only in GHMix 2.0. GHMix 1.0 is limited to major and minor chords, though I believe you can get diminished on a chord.

Also, wow, I can't believe they don't have pure tritone chords... I guess the closest are Diminished or Minor 7th b 5... wait, come to think of it, diminished looks like it's two tritones smushed together... correct? I guess that'd be pretty dissonant. Shame that minor thirds are pretty consonant, though.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
SwiftlySwift  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pman5595 wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Power
Major
Minor
Palm Mute
Major 7
Minor 7
Dominant 7
Minor 7th b 5
Suspended 4
Diminished
Augmented

All but Minor 7th b 5 and Augmented were in GHMix 1.0, I believe, it just required certain scales to get to some of them.

lollerskater wrote:
How exactly does the MIDI import work? I think Swiftly Swift made the SMB theme using that...

Nah, I used direct Nintendo Sound File midi conversions for reference on the sound effects, but it was all done manually in the studio (GHMix).

I never figured out how to use the import feature, though I heard only drums will import intact on the 360 because of some limitation the console has.
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get other notes to play during held notes? I know SwiftlySwift knows how to do this because I saw it in Vadrum Meets SMB2. I've wanted to know how to do this for some time please respond.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
How do you get other notes to play during held notes? I know SwiftlySwift knows how to do this because I saw it in Vadrum Meets SMB2. I've wanted to know how to do this for some time please respond.

I assume you already know the answer seeing as how you commented on my video. But, just for the sake of documenting it for everyone else in this thread, here's my tutorial.

BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
BOYOBOYY wrote:

I assume you already know the answer seeing as how you commented on my video. But, just for the sake of documenting it for everyone else in this thread, here's my tutorial.

Yes of course. I posted that question before I searched on youtube. Thanks for your tutorial it was very helpful.
Parama  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question!
Is there any way to change a note without changing the sound of the note? (IE moving a to without changing the note type or velocity?)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Question!
Is there any way to change a note without changing the sound of the note? (IE moving a to without changing the note type or velocity?)
Yes, in GHMix 2.0. I don't have my xbox to check and I don't remember exactly, but I believe it's under Track Settings. Then it's Note Design or Track Design or something. It allows you to make any note any possible note without changing the sound, velocity, effects, etc. So you could technically have a lead chart with a bunch of 5 note chords that sounded like a crazy trill or something. It's a good way to have chords in lead (charting them in rhythm but then setting the lead note to 0 velocity) so you can use chords regularly instead of just every other measure or whatever - assuming that even works, which it usually doesn't.
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I kinda figured it out a few minutes after I posted
Chords on lead are awesome though!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how active this is, and I'm sure it's been answered elsewhere or even in the thread, but for the life of me I cannot get a clear understanding of how to use the rhythm/lead track merge/glitch/hax/whatever to play chords on lead. Specifically for GHMix 1.0, not the newer version. I'm trying to play chords on lead guitar on custom songs in the original GHMix. If a video is available, that would be great but if not, I'll settle for a clear explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lefteh wrote:
Not sure how active this is, and I'm sure it's been answered elsewhere or even in the thread, but for the life of me I cannot get a clear understanding of how to use the rhythm/lead track merge/glitch/hax/whatever to play chords on lead. Specifically for GHMix 1.0, not the newer version. I'm trying to play chords on lead guitar on custom songs in the original GHMix. If a video is available, that would be great but if not, I'll settle for a clear explanation.

You're talking about GHMix 1.0?

You can't. Simple as that. You can only get a BO chord at the top of a scale, but it sounds nothing like a chord.

You could, however, turn the Rhythm track all the way down so that only lead is heard but you could chart chords. They still won't sound like actual chords, but you could play them without single notes sounding awful.

Lefteh  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Lefteh wrote:

You're talking about GHMix 1.0?

You can't. Simple as that. You can only get a BO chord at the top of a scale, but it sounds nothing like a chord.

You could, however, turn the Rhythm track all the way down so that only lead is heard but you could chart chords. They still won't sound like actual chords, but you could play them without single notes sounding awful.

That's what I'm talking about there, is the rhythm volume being turned down and somehow played so that lead at least *appears* to be playing the chords. I can't find a simple explanation for how it works anywhere and it never comes out right when I just guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: