Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Twilight.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Twilight. Reply with quote

What's with all the hype behind this movie? Nearly every girl at my school is dying to see this movie. naturally i asked the girl i liked to go and she said she would ask her parents (i'll be honest: if she's smart enough to ask her dad, which is questionable, she'll probably be able to go. long story that im choosing not to tell).

I know the gist of the story: girl moves to Washington State, falls in love with a dude, dude turns out to be a vampire, they make out, dude has a feud with another dude, same shit in any teenage love story. whats the big deal then?

the way i see it, its just high school musical with bigger teeth, smaller boobs, no singing, and more action. amirite?

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I heard, a lot of the girls are actually falling in love with the guy who's actually a vampire. Maybe that's why it's so popular?

In fact, someone at my school has a sister that wants to MARRY the vampire.
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
Well, from what I heard, a lot of the girls are actually falling in love with the guy who's actually a vampire. Maybe that's why it's so popular?

In fact, someone at my school has a sister that wants to MARRY the vampire.

i've seen similar cases. this one girl i know (who has nothing to do with the one i asked to the movie) is going to come to school as bella on friday

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
MisterMcLov1n  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As put perfectly by the people at Cracked.com:

Twilight is for geeky girls who grew up on Harry Potter, who are now going through puberty and desire something a little more angsty.
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterMcLov1n wrote:

Twilight is for geeky girls who grew up on Harry Potter, who are now going through puberty and desire something a little more angsty.

Exactly. All of a sudden vampires are "hot" and all of the prepubescent girls are going crazy over this BS.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
-Stunned-  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are like 5 girls in my class that LOVE twilight one of them said she read the book over 500 times !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with people having a good time with a story.

Someone explain to me why we have to tear down people who are looking forward to this movie/enjoy the books.
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whe have to give book reports to the class in literature and basically every girl has done a report on the book. They probably will be all over the movie.

MisterMcLov1n wrote:

lol I guess that's probably true.
ElementOfZero  

Because the whole premise behind it is a plague to our country.

Ever seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall? It's kind of like the dinner scene where they're talking about the bad movie she did.

Quote:
Someone explain to me why we have to tear down people who are looking forward to this movie/enjoy the books

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
brad16752  

rkcr wrote:

Someone explain to me why we have to tear down people who are looking forward to this movie/enjoy the books.

Insecurity?

Seriously though......

To OP:

Everyone has different opinions on movies. I'm sure there are many things in your life that others would find questionable, therefore it is unfair to ridicule people for liking something that you do not. I find it rude to come right out with it and make a thread questioning the preferences of certain individuals.
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
MisterMcLov1n wrote:

Exactly. All of a sudden vampires are "hot" and all of the prepubescent girls are going crazy over this BS.

So don't see it. You don't fit their demographic.

To each his own. A couple of my friends love this book, and I asked them why. They loved dreaming about the perfect boyfriend (which the vampire guy seems to be in this book, from what I've gathered), and the story was just an added bonus. I didn't have a problem with it... I don't see why people do here.

Save your ire for something else, I guess. Or start getting ready to throw an Angels and Demons midnight screening party, like me. (May 2009!!!)
Klaww  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
MisterMcLov1n wrote:

Noooez. werewolfs are where its at
but im waiting to read the book, two of my GUY(though its questionable), guy friends said its good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
MisterMcLov1n wrote:

Noooez. werewolfs are where its at
but im waiting to read the book, two of my GUY(though its questionable), guy friends said its good.

Eh. I know a couple guys whove read it, but just because their girlfriends made them
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkcr wrote:

im not tearing it down; i just wanna know what's behind all the hype. what makes it so good? im actually interested in the movie, if anything because the girl i like is obsessed with it, but whatev

rkcr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shotgunmerc wrote:
rkcr wrote:

im not tearing it down; i just wanna know what's behind all the hype. what makes it so good? im actually interested in the movie, if anything because the girl i like is obsessed with it, but whatev

I'm not naming any names, but don't worry, It's not you I was pointing my criticism towards. I'm all for the quest for knowledge.

To actually address the question, I'm kind of guessing that if you don't "get it," you never will. In the same way that my friends who didn't like Harry Potter would never understood those of us who did enjoy the stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: