Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what can I say, we're finally here! I can't believe you finally reached your goal after so many years. I remember when you first seemingly dropped off the map back in 2010 or so, it was disappointing but understandable. You had already made your mark and the Expert grind can get a bit tiresome and frustrating at times. But time and again you came back with an FC or two, giving me hope that you had finally made your triumphant return! ...only to disappear again to play RB or Bass or something :tooth:

But the past year and a half have proven what you have been capable of all along, given the proper motivation and dedication on your part. You certainly lit a fire under yourself, and it paid off in spades. 20 FCs in a single year is amazing when you have less than 100 left in the series to start with. And this year you kicked it up another notch still, getting over half of that total in just 3 months!!! You've really blown us all away this past year, and I know you have a lot more in you still. I completely understand if you slow down from here on out, but you know we all secretly want you to keep pumping out the awesomeness. 600 FCs is a milestone for sure, but at this point it kind of feels like a new beginning :)

Oh yeah, congrats on Freebird as well! It must be such a relief to have no more super long songs left to FC, given how much you hate playing them. Glad I could somewhat motivate you to grind it, and even happier that the grind wasn't too painful (multiple chokes aside). It's maybe not the hardest FC (you ranked RaBl harder, even), but it really feels like the anti-Johnny song, so that makes it #1 in my book haha.

...also I'm definitely jelly of that BatH 100%, I'm definitely looking forward to that inevitable FC!!!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy bonk! I can't think of a more apropos #600 than Free Bird. Seriously, good job man.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Wow, what a milestone! And Free Bird is a pretty fitting song for it That's some solid work all over the board. I have to say, VH is the game that stands out with SF and YRGM FCs, although SoD and Frankenstein in GH1 are nothing to scoff at. I think those show that you have the skill for at least around 620 FCs (and obviously you can become even better while getting there). But let's not go there yet, I know the grind is real For the next one, TKAR would be cool. FGFCs are a pretty rare treat, after all.

Thanks! VH is definitely my best game. Can't believe how many songs kept falling one by one. And I like to think I'm not quite finished yet. At least get HFT, but Eruption too would be amazing to max out the game. 620 is definitely a pretty realistic cap for me. 630 would be getting practically everything I could and kicking out on some, while 620 gives me just enough room to be picky over the worst songs. I won't expect anything anytime soon, but who knows what can happen
Voidedlefty wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Way to go, Johnny!

Also, i agree with Jellu. Get TKAR so you can say you have a FGFC! (I mean, it's the only GH one I have right now, so obviously you should have it, too )

Thanks voided! Definitely feels good to finally reach that goal .
TKAR is ugly. Knowing I won't ever get super consistent on BCS2 is annoying, and being at the end of the song is discouraging. But I can only try and hopefully get lucky.

alexhaz64 wrote:
Well what can I say, we're finally here! I can't believe you finally reached your goal after so many years. I remember when you first seemingly dropped off the map back in 2010 or so, it was disappointing but understandable. You had already made your mark and the Expert grind can get a bit tiresome and frustrating at times. But time and again you came back with an FC or two, giving me hope that you had finally made your triumphant return! ...only to disappear again to play RB or Bass or something :tooth:

But the past year and a half have proven what you have been capable of all along, given the proper motivation and dedication on your part. You certainly lit a fire under yourself, and it paid off in spades. 20 FCs in a single year is amazing when you have less than 100 left in the series to start with. And this year you kicked it up another notch still, getting over half of that total in just 3 months!!! You've really blown us all away this past year, and I know you have a lot more in you still. I completely understand if you slow down from here on out, but you know we all secretly want you to keep pumping out the awesomeness. 600 FCs is a milestone for sure, but at this point it kind of feels like a new beginning :)

Oh yeah, congrats on Freebird as well! It must be such a relief to have no more super long songs left to FC, given how much you hate playing them. Glad I could somewhat motivate you to grind it, and even happier that the grind wasn't too painful (multiple chokes aside). It's maybe not the hardest FC (you ranked RaBl harder, even), but it really feels like the anti-Johnny song, so that makes it #1 in my book haha.

...also I'm definitely jelly of that BatH 100%, I'm definitely looking forward to that inevitable FC!!!

Thanks! It's certainly been a journey, and it's one I'm glad that you've been around for (at least 90% of anyway). While FCs are ultimately for our own personal achievement, it's definitely more fun and meaningful to have people to share the experiences with.
Yeah, most FCs of this caliber are definitely ones you can't expect to turn the game on after 2 years and pull out of your ass. But committing to a goal and consistently working on improving definitely helped get me back in the saddle and got the train rolling. And also just getting used to grinding again took some time.
I'm honestly not sure which Free Bird is worse now. The engine differences offset the chart differences enough where it might be pretty even. SH has maybe 3 parts that are definitely harder, but the other 85% of the solo might be harder on GH2 by default.
BatH will hopefully happen soon. As you now know, it's definitely not too fun to grind lol. Hopefully after you get Trogdor, you can focus on it and add two FCs to your pile.

PiemanLK wrote:
Holy bonk! I can't think of a more apropos #600 than Free Bird. Seriously, good job man.

Thanks! Definitely one of the top songs I'm glad I won't have to seriously play ever again.

April 25, 2021

Video
This was pretty surprising, yet a little overdue I guess. I originally got an 100% overstrum back in 2009, so it's certainly been doable for a while. Lots of missable stuff though. The first solo bit is a little tough, but after I started tapping the blue note in the psrt, it got a bit easier. The super fast hook is of course never guaranteed, but I got pretty good at pausing for just the right amount of time between the red and yellow. Strumming both high notes right after helped a lot, because I'd tend to rush the strums otherwise due to nerves. After that we have solo 2B. It's fast but I guess I had the speed down pat, because I didn't miss there pretty much all day. Solo 2 C is annoying and the main reason I didn't get it the last time I was grinding a few months ago. The part after the YBOBY bit is a little tough with the strums.
And then there's the outro solo. I ruined 4 FC runs today in the ending, one of which I somehow overstrummed Again. I initially had some goofy tapping method since going from 3-4th position zigs to byrg quads is a bit awkward on the engine. The key I think is remembering that it's not super fast, so it's definitely manageable.

I'll probably check out Seventeen and Electric Eye to see how they feel, but I'm definitely not expecting anything other than Seventeen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be your most overdue FC? I guess TWIE exists, so not quite. Still, considering how long you've had the 100% OS, it must feel like such a relief to finally get the FC. I can't believe you actually had two 100% OS runs on a song that is almost entirely hopo solos haha. This ain't GH1!

Getting another old school FC is also pretty cool. As I mentioned to you earlier, I'm seeing a few potential new goals open up. 190, even 195/211. 21 FCs in 2021. 610/660. The list goes on and on. You've been on such a roll this year, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue busting out awesome FCs in the coming months. You'll probably surprise us all yet, I don't doubt
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Could this be your most overdue FC? I guess TWIE exists, so not quite. Still, considering how long you've had the 100% OS, it must feel like such a relief to finally get the FC. I can't believe you actually had two 100% OS runs on a song that is almost entirely hopo solos haha. This ain't GH1!

Getting another old school FC is also pretty cool. As I mentioned to you earlier, I'm seeing a few potential new goals open up. 190, even 195/211. 21 FCs in 2021. 610/660. The list goes on and on. You've been on such a roll this year, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue busting out awesome FCs in the coming months. You'll probably surprise us all yet, I don't doubt

Yeah, can't explain the overstrums, other than overcompensating for the engine. Thanks! Those goals are a little scary yet not completely out of the question... Still trying to decide whether it's better to clean up my way through the easiest songs left or jump to some tougher ones.
Speaking of overdue, old school FCs...

May 21, 2021]

Video
Ugh, this song
Definitely has been more than doable for a long, long time, but it's such an annoyance to grind. The X is stupid and I still never got great consistency on it. Had a bit more luck looking at my hand for that part (lol such a 2007 method), and playing along to a repeat of the end of bridge over and over helped a lot. Essentially I just anchored R for the RB Y RB, strummed three times (reminiscent of CMH riff), and hoped for the best.
Today's grind was looking pretty good. FCed past the bridge 5 times in all, one miss in solo 2 sweeps, the FC, and THREE chokes in the end O YO BO chords. Most likely was strumming too fast or not early enough, either way it was dumb. Luckily didn't take too long after the third miss there for the FC.
If I stick with GH2, I might try for Institutionalized again. It's definitely one of my most desired FCs right now, and I'm really confident on verse 2-3. 1C is just so dumb, and then whenever I luck out I end up getting too nervous and mess up somewhere else. Who knows, I still have some easier options left to get first.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on another overdue old school FC! Gemini is certainly one of the funnest songs in the series, and that X never gets easy, regardless of skill level. Sucks that you had so many chokes afterward, but definitely a relief to finally nail the FC. (of course, you didn't beat moose like we planned :p)

GH2 is looking very strum-heavy at this point. TLTB is really not as bad as you seem to think, I would like to see you spend some more time practicing this one. BatH and Trogdor are obviously both somewhat possible with PAL, and Inst might just be the most likely of them all, given your skills on verse 3. Six and Misirlou are a little bit out of the question but who knows? Maybe you'll get this strumming thing down one of these days, lol.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Congrats on another overdue old school FC! Gemini is certainly one of the funnest songs in the series, and that X never gets easy, regardless of skill level. Sucks that you had so many chokes afterward, but definitely a relief to finally nail the FC. (of course, you didn't beat moose like we planned :p)

GH2 is looking very strum-heavy at this point. TLTB is really not as bad as you seem to think, I would like to see you spend some more time practicing this one. BatH and Trogdor are obviously both somewhat possible with PAL, and Inst might just be the most likely of them all, given your skills on verse 3. Six and Misirlou are a little bit out of the question but who knows? Maybe you'll get this strumming thing down one of these days, lol.

Let's see. This time I had fewer chokes and was nowhere near close to beating Moose, but I guess I made progress on the lrn2strum train :P.
It's always kinda fun when I pull a song like this that wasn't on my personal list or anyone else's immediate suggestions. On that topic though, I may just choose to revisit some of these GH2 songs soon. Maybe playing TLTB all the way through more than twice in a month will help me get used to it.

Bump for PBFO SH FC!

July 4, 2021

Video
Well this was unexpected. Besides being short, there's a lot in this song that wasn't appealing. But within a half hour or so, I figured out the majority of the song pretty well, and just had to focus on the real hard part. The part
Rather that waiting for a lucky run, I came up with a dumb Johnny method and separated it into DUD DUD DUDU strumming. And it actually worked! Lots of mini chokes shortly after that transition, and in the sustain part. And then one huge choke at the end, included in the video. Probably one of the tougher songs I've gotten recently, but overall it went pretty smoothly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

December 31, 2021
As the year comes to a close, it's time to plan out what to do next year. Sorta inspired by Cyan's recent Ravenous FC (with the context of cleaning up old demons), I started with some of my super overdue songs. Add in some close calls and a few "finishing touches", and I came up with 12 songs, with some flexibility in the last group. I won't necessarily try for an FC a month, but it's a decent schedule to follow. Also it would bring me to a clean 615, which sounds pretty good to me.
Edit: Oops I'm dumb, Trooper wouldn't count. Maybe I'll have to add a song for 615 then

I suppose I should mention that a lot of this, specifically WoR, depends on whether I can fix/replace my 360 guitar, or figure out if I want to/can get things going on PS3 or Wii lol. Either way, I'm excited to see what the new year will bring .

Oh and I guess I did get 2 new GHL FCs yesterday, but I'll worry more about that game in a few weeks after Mr Sci FCs TTFAF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny, If I can FC Scream Aim Fire on real guitar then you can FC it on plastic guitar.

Get to it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
December 31, 2021
As the year comes to a close, it's time to plan out what to do next year. Sorta inspired by Cyan's recent Ravenous FC (with the context of cleaning up old demons), I started with some of my super overdue songs. Add in some close calls and a few "finishing touches", and I came up with 12 songs, with some flexibility in the last group. I won't necessarily try for an FC a month, but it's a decent schedule to follow. Also it would bring me to a clean 615, which sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for that shout-out haha

If you need help with any methods for the songs I've done (any GHWT, GHM, or some of the WoR songs), I'd be happy to help if I can
2022 will be a big year for the both of us for sure!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid list of goals. Pretty achievable for the most part, nothing too much of a stretch given what you've already done. You've had an incredible two years of GH, so it's only understandable that you'd start to slow down. That being said... let's make it 620 total!

Getting ZWGD, TKaR, Burn, and Nemesis would put you at I believe 618. You have a few more options that aren't entirely unrealistic: TLTB, Seventeen, Holy Wars, SFTSG (just takes one lucky run), BYOB (plz?), HFT VH... Plus some that might be a reach but are technically possible: 21CSM, Eruption, PWM SH. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if 625 could be in the cards, lol.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Johnny, If I can FC Scream Aim Fire on real guitar then you can FC it on plastic guitar.

Get to it

Hmm, guess I can't argue with that logic. Don't worry, that'll probably be the next target.
CyanCrayon86948 wrote:
Thanks for that shout-out haha

If you need help with any methods for the songs I've done (any GHWT, GHM, or some of the WoR songs), I'd be happy to help if I can
2022 will be a big year for the both of us for sure!

Thanks dude! Yeah, I'll keep that in mind when I get around to the tougher stuff. Eventually I'll have to learn to riff and actually open up more GHM possibilities.

alexhaz64 wrote:
Pretty solid list of goals. Pretty achievable for the most part, nothing too much of a stretch given what you've already done. You've had an incredible two years of GH, so it's only understandable that you'd start to slow down. That being said... let's make it 620 total!

Getting ZWGD, TKaR, Burn, and Nemesis would put you at I believe 618. You have a few more options that aren't entirely unrealistic: TLTB, Seventeen, Holy Wars, SFTSG (just takes one lucky run), BYOB (plz?), HFT VH... Plus some that might be a reach but are technically possible: 21CSM, Eruption, PWM SH. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if 625 could be in the cards, lol.

Ugggh. While nothing you said is impossible... Nothing is all that appealing either. Let's focus on 615 first, and then at that point it'll be a song by song basis. BYOB so hard
Also, bump for proof I ain't slowing down yet!

January 6, 2022

No video, because I didn't expect to get it as early as I did. So yeah, first things first, this was done on the GH2 Deluxe Rocks the 360 PS2 custom disc. There's no strum limit, but I didn't think it would matter too much. At some point I might go back and do it for completion sake, but it can wait. Before I fixed my 360 guitar, I was playing the disc and going through the DLC, and tried this a few times and it just felt like I had a good calibration and wanted to keep trying.

Anyway, yeah this has been in the overdue category for quite some time, so it's nice to get it done. The trills are the obvious hard part, but the weird part with the strums afterwards gave me some trouble too. I ruined at least one run there yesterday. Today, I practiced it a bit and figured out how to use the hopos effectively.
Mostly this FC took a while because I'd often screw up before the solo. The Red yellow trill bit in the main riffs is always missable for me. I also had a choke in the final verse, in the chord change, which was sad but kind of funny. Altogether, this current grind didn't take much more than an hour, so can't complain.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trooper FC very nice! That song is really up there, and obviously much worse than the GHSH version. Very good way to kick off GH this year.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you finally took care of your easiest "FGFC" if you can call it that. 9/10 for 360 just doesn't feel right lol. Definitely an impressive FC on the GH2 engine, even on GH2 Deluxe I'm sure.

Hopefully you don't get too distracted with RB DLC and can give us another GH2 FC :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyanCrayon86948 wrote:
The Trooper FC very nice! That song is really up there, and obviously much worse than the GHSH version. Very good way to kick off GH this year.

Thanka! The trills are definitely a pain, especially having to elbow strum each one. Unfortunately, besides Jordan, the rest of the songs all have ugly strumming, which is the worst part of GH2 lol

alexhaz64 wrote:
Glad to see you finally took care of your easiest "FGFC" if you can call it that. 9/10 for 360 just doesn't feel right lol. Definitely an impressive FC on the GH2 engine, even on GH2 Deluxe I'm sure.

Hopefully you don't get too distracted with RB DLC and can give us another GH2 FC :p

Thanks! Yeah, it's definitely been overdue, and I'm glad it didn't take too long this time around.
Another GH2 FC? Yeah, eventually. But I feel like I should just get an easier one out of the way first. SAF maybe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 67 of 69

Jump to: