Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
BobDole's Guitar (Decontrol FC 45/47)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know you're still accomplishing stuff! Nice job.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on ScoreHero much at all recently, because I've largely lost interest in the games. Not completely, but I mostly just play for fun every once in a while, hardly ever attempting new FCs. However, I recently decided that I felt like trying to take out some of the remaining Guitar Hero 1 songs that I never FCed, so I started playing it again and re-acclimating to the engine. Something very exciting happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fklTbecHVko

...unfortunately, it's just the stats, since I don't regularly film my FC attempts anymore (don't have any good way to do it at the moment). And this wasn't even really an FC attempt anyway. I didn't think I was ready for that yet...I still hadn't even decided exactly where to put my hyperspeed paper (of course now I've decided...halfway down the word "settings," exactly where it was when I did this).

I mean, of course I was trying to hit the notes as always, but I was just playing for fun/practice with the engine. This was not the result of a grind session and I didn't give much thought to the possibility of FCing until I finished solo 2 and the 4x multiplier was still there. Even then, it kinda took me a few seconds to realize what I had just done...and then I got nervous about solo 3, which thankfully I managed not to fuck up. This wasn't even on my real profile; it was a trash profile on which I intended to play through the game (the main setlist and my 3 un-FCed bonus songs) and then delete it and start over (silly yes, but this to me is more fun than just repping the un-FCed songs over and over...and if I have the full setlist in front of me it's kind of hard not to just play Bark at the Moon and Cheat on the Church over and over).

Note: This isn't the first time I've hit solo 2 and I actually know its pattern very well...this was no fluke. It was kinda lucky though.

Also this may well be the lowest-scoring Fire It Up FC ever...I did it completely without star power and as a result my ranking is barely in the top 1000 LOL. The reason for not using star power is that I got annoyed by the visual effect and just decided to stop using it period in this game. Though if this had been an actual serious attempt at the FC, I probably would have used star power. Not on solo 2 though, fuck that. Well maybe I'd just activate really early to avoid having to deal with the distracting effect during the fast part.

Anyway, this is 43/47 on GH1 for me, leaving Texas Flood, Decontrol, Get Ready 2 Rokk, and Bark at the Moon. Of those, Texas Flood seems most likely to fall next...it's really not even that hard, I just have to memorize everything again. If I can do that, it should fall fairly easily. The others are far more technical...I know that I can do at least Decontrol and Get Ready 2 Rokk (have hit everything in both songs in the past)...and I'm starting to think that Bark at the Moon may not be impossible. For the first time, I really feel like I'm good enough to FGFC GH1. That's not to say that it's imminent or that it's even going to happen at all...but it just might. Maybe. If I don't at least get one more FC by the time I get sick of this game again I'll be pretty disappointed.

Quote:
Hey congrats. With some of the other FCs you have, there's no reason you shouldn't plow right through to 620/660. After that there will be some headaches, but with patience and hard work 630+ is definitely possible.

Between WT, Metallica, VH, and WoR, there are plenty of songs left that should be what I call a "same day" FC, meaning that you FC them the same day you start trying to. There are probably a few in there that would take less than 10 attempts.

I know it's an extremely late reply, but better late than never. Thanks for the encouragement, but 620 is probably out of the question for me. I'd be happy just to get to 600. I'm really not that good at the newer games.

EDIT: It seems that I'm at 595/660 now...so I could theoretically get 600 by FGFCing GH1 and then picking off some low-hanging fruit on a new-school game (there's not as much of that as it seems though I'm sure I can find something that wouldn't be too hard). Probably not exactly the likeliest scenario but it could happen.

By the way, I still like 660 as the "total" number...Guitar Hero Live shouldn't count IMO. It's totally different. Also I never could understand why Band Hero, a literal re-skin of GH5, isn't counted (is the wording of the title really that important?) but it's not really relevant anyway since it's so easy.

Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very very out of the blue, but wicked nonetheless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insanity. You've impressed us once again.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire it Up is the first major hurdle on a FGFC ;) Congrats my friend!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic to see you back again with another nice FC

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to scorehero I guess? Great FC, fire it up is a tough one.
fgfc soon?
Jellu  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguments "I'm good enough to FGFC GH1" and "620 is out of question" are contradictory. But besides that logical error very nicely done! It sure is nice getting a good FC like that so quickly

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow did this come out of the blue! I know GH1 was one of your strong suits, but at the same time FIU is on a whole 'nother level! Major congrats on the FC, and I hope to see at least 45/47 soon!

I agree with Jellu though, 600 is a very weak goal considering your GH1 prowess. 625 at least is a very reasonable yet impressive goal. I'd like to see you round out the other GH games accordingly
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody! Regarding 620/625 or so...I'll see what I can do when I'm done with GH1. I'll probably just go through each game slowly like this; if I stick to one engine at a time I think I'll do better (perhaps that's been my problem with the newer games...I have tended to switch engines a lot in the past). Anyway I've been seeing some encouraging signs with GH1...most significantly this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1-ETnLwLvg

Goddamn intro triplets (FCed everything else). I'm not even really that bad at them (in one stretch the other day I hit them in 3 out of 4 attempts); should have restarted. Sometimes I don't allow myself to not hit the intro...but sometimes I just don't care, and unfortunately, this was one of those times. I need to get a little more consistent at the intro so that I stop allowing myself to go past it with a miss. Oddly I'm having the most success now strumming the triplets; in the past I could only hit them by using pull-offs.

Also I got a 3x in Bark at the Moon solo by almost FCing the second half of the fast part (just one miss/overstrum I think). The first half was (as always) a mess though, because I was trying to do the whole thing from third position. The reds in the first half make that a problematic strategy overall, as I've found out (I thought maybe I could slide them, but it's not working so well). Regardless, I took the run as definitive proof that the speed is not an insurmountable obstacle for me. It felt good. I just need to learn a better fingering.

I have ordered a video camera btw...should arrive Monday. So hopefully my next good FC will be on video for real (i.e. not just a picture of the stats).

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
I just need to learn a better fingering.

Ya know, my girlfriend keeps telling me this, but doesn't seem to be talking about Guitar Hero, and now I'm just really confused at this point.

100% overstrums are the WORST in GHI, if only for their seeming abundance. Just keep at it man, you're really close! And if you have the capabilities to get GR2R, then a FGFC is not out of the realm of possibility.

GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
BobDole wrote:
I just need to learn a better fingering.

Ya know, my girlfriend keeps telling me this, but doesn't seem to be talking about Guitar Hero, and now I'm just really confused at this point.

She more of a rock band gal? Only other explanation I can think of.

If I had a pound for every time I've 100% overstrummed, I'd have at least 30 by now. I'm sure you'll have that sweet FC soon enough

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I had a pound for every time I've 100% overstrummed, I'd have at least 30 by now. I'm sure you'll have that sweet FC soon enough

Well I haven't fixed Get Ready 2 Rokk yet, but I did fix the overstrum that's been bothering me the longest in this game...

Texas Flood FC

The other ones were not going so well (well, I was consistently hitting the intro in GR2R but I couldn't do the ascends in the solo to save my life), but then I played Texas Flood and good things happened. This was actually my only run of the song today.

Incidentally I have not had a respectable run on Fire It Up since I FCed it...but I'm videoing every time I do a run on it just in case.

Naruto42  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF is for sure a nice FC, gratz ! Hit that sweet 44/47. But you have FiU, so you should find a way to 45/47 I think

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding FC man. Makes me wish I had GH1 again ._.
Seriously, you should have a higher FC count than me with FC's like that happening.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: