ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ima complete noob to the competetive scene of Guitar Hero...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric6879  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Ima complete noob to the competetive scene of Guitar Hero... Reply with quote

Alright, so like I said... I'm a complete noob to the competetive scene of Guitar Hero.

I've been surfin the site, which I found today, trying to figure out loading up stats, but I'm fucking retarded, so I'd really appreciate it if you all could help.

And maybe fill me in on what's what. If there's anything I should know about the forums or Guitar Hero, I'd appreciate it if you let me in on the secret.

Also, the nubbiest question I have... How do you get the two secret songs?

...Very badass site, btw. Props to JCrimm who seems to be the man of authority? ...Correct me if I'm wrong.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric6879 wrote:
Alright, so like I said... I'm a complete noob to the competetive scene of Guitar Hero.

I've been surfin the site, which I found today, trying to figure out loading up stats, but I'm fucking retarded, so I'd really appreciate it if you all could help.

And maybe fill me in on what's what. If there's anything I should know about the forums or Guitar Hero, I'd appreciate it if you let me in on the secret.

Also, the nubbiest question I have... How do you get the two secret songs?

...Very badass site, btw. Props to JCrimm who seems to be the man of authority? ...Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks. Yes, I am the one in charge here.

As for submitting your scores, you can do so from Manage Scores through the Insert Score links next to every song after you select a difficulty.

And to get the two secret songs, you need a coding device such as AR Max, Codebreaker, or Gameshark. The codes are posted on the forums here:

Trippolette
Graveyard Shift

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Thanks. Yes, I am the one in charge here.

As for submitting your scores, you can do so from Manage Scores through the Insert Score links next to every song after you select a difficulty.

And to get the two secret songs, you need a coding device such as AR Max, Codebreaker, or Gameshark. The codes are posted on the forums here:

Trippolette
Graveyard Shift

Lol, I totally f-ed up ur name... Sorry about that.

Thanks for the help... Anybody else have anything they could add to help me out? ...Not like playing tips, because I'm already good. Not amazing, but I'm workin on it.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tip, run away while you still can. Once you start submitting scores and competing against everyone else it changes you, man. ScoreHero is an addiction.

Just be prepared to devote hours, and by hours I mean hundreds of hours to practicing if you plan to be truly competitive. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I spend way too much time playing/posting now that I've found this site. My friends and family are kind of worried.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Here's a tip, run away while you still can. Once you start submitting scores and competing against everyone else it changes you, man. ScoreHero is an addiction.

Just be prepared to devote hours, and by hours I mean hundreds of hours to practicing if you plan to be truly competitive. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I spend way too much time playing/posting now that I've found this site. My friends and family are kind of worried.

i know exactly what you mean
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEHIND THE MUSIC:POPEMOBILE

PM: i...i couldnt stop playing this game, it consumed my life for years. I'd wake up, play guitar hero, eat, and sleep. Some days i wouldnt even eat and sleep.

Narrator: popemobile checked into rehab for Guitar hero last year, but has recently relapsed and has been playing it nonstop. His family and friends have tried to help him, but the only one who can help him is himself.
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:

whew....It is not just me. I've been forced to slow way down over the past several weeks. It is good to know that the top 5 scores are earned with hours and hours of practice and trying.

....and the higher your scores get, the more hours you need to put in for very modest increases in your scores. When you first join, it is really pretty quick to understand that you need 100% full combo (or close) runs with optimum star power usage. Once you start doing that, your rankings jump up really fast. Then once you crack top 10, the progress starts to slow way down...where you spend hours and hours just to increase by maybe 1000. There are some songs now where people are spending hours and hours trying again and again just to get a 50 point increase in score.
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I promised myself not to try for more than 95% of the top score on any song I full combo.

Bark at the Zoo
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trucking on Expert. I figure I can get to the Top 15 without too much trouble. But I've really hit a wall on Hard.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
But I've really hit a wall on Hard.

...at 5th place Your wall is a ceiling I can't even see
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: