ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Double bass problems with Ion kits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xLiter  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Double bass problems with Ion kits? Reply with quote

Is there something wrong with Ion kits and double bass? I've looked around the forums on here and the rockband side and found a couple topics but not really the same problem I'm having.

I was playing GH:M and Smash Hits today on Expert+ and I was doing fine on songs that had slower double bass, (Shout at the Devil, Laid to Rest), but then when I went to play songs with faster double bass it wouldn't pick up every bass hit in the game. It seems like I can only go so fast or it won't pick up.

My pedal setup is: Pearl 122TW double pedal, the Roadie kickpad that came with a single pedal, and a kickbox. Everything is setup in the right order and everything.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with Ion kits and double bass? If anybody knows how to fix this problem or has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
davidshek  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Double bass problems with Ion kits? Reply with quote

xLiter wrote:
when I went to play songs with faster double bass it wouldn't pick up every bass hit in the game. It seems like I can only go so fast or it won't pick up.

My pedal setup is: Pearl 122TW double pedal, the Roadie kickpad that came with a single pedal, and a kickbox. Everything is setup in the right order and everything.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with Ion kits and double bass? If anybody knows how to fix this problem or has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

There's nothing wrong with Ion kits and double kick. Mine works just fine with my Yamaha DFP8215 pedals and KD-8 w/ Kickbox.

From what you listed in your post, my guess is that it's your Roadie kick pad not picking up the hits. Since the piezo is directly in the center of the pad, the further away from the center you get, the less reliable it is in picking up hits. And since double pedals hit on either side of the sensor, that's likely your problem.

If there's any way for you to adjust the P122TW pedals to move the beaters closer to the center, do that. You can also try adjusting the sensitivity dial on the Kickbox.

If that doesn't work, well, you might have to get yourself a better kick trigger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: