ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Everett boy gets attention of Guinness with Guitar Hero Skil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the whole guiness world records stuff for GH, I find it stupid that in order to get in, you just have to practice the highest scoring song. Now, on a game like GH3, where TTFAF is both the hardest song and the highest scoring one, this makes sense. Mercyful Fate, while kind of difficult, shouldn't be the song in the GWB of R. There are many harder songs.

tl;dr - I find the GH part of the Guiness World Book of Record stupid because it is pretty much just about which song has the highest base score.

Jayhero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is does the title need another "l"?

But yeah, GenericName is right. GWR is stupid. Also does this guy have a Scorehero?

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
GH1-26 ~ GH2-2 2 ~ GH80s-18 ~ GH3-\(0_o)/
The amazing customs songs I've made and charted...
youtube.com/w1mz11
Bendover  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayhero wrote:

Character limit =P

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendover wrote:
Jayhero wrote:

Character limit =P

May I suggest putting "GH" instead of Guitar Hero?

The reason why the world record score is that low is because people don't feel like doing the whole process in order to have an official and legitimate high score. A lot of people could actually beat the WR, but they just don't feel like it's really worth it to do it. I'm including myself in those of course. :P

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
massi4h  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpudOfDoom wrote:
Massi4h? The one day I actually go to SH forums I run into you. What are the chances? >_>

Hey sup lol.

And btw does anyone know where on the guiness site I can actually find a list of the records and whether or not I can use Hyperspeed for this?

Played the song for the 3rd time ever on Saturday and got 1.017 mil with no path.

Last edited by massi4h on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Andami  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kid definitely deserves that record. One run through got me 990k and then I quit. That song is so freakin' long! I might try to get past 1 mil tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andami
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Bendover wrote:
Jayhero wrote:

Character limit =P

May I suggest putting "GH" instead of Guitar Hero?

The reason why the world record score is that low is because people don't feel like doing the whole process in order to have an official and legitimate high score. A lot of people could actually beat the WR, but they just don't feel like it's really worth it to do it. I'm including myself in those of course. :P

Actually, he could fit the "L" by removing the incorrect second "N" in Guiness. EDIT: Oops, I'm wrong; it is two N's... yeah, I go with Undead on this one

Anyway, I'm kinda torn on this. While I think Guinness has some really incorrect views on GH (Hyperspeed = cheat? Nah...), I understand that the process needs to be very official and accurate; otherwise any Dumbass McFuckface could use autoplay, sync his fretting with the autoplay playing, post a video of it and call it a World Record. At the same time, though; I think this particular record is pretty stupid. You need fair competition; "most points on a single Guitar Hero song" can only be done on one freaking song... it's all about base score. Perhaps they could introduce a proportion system or something (best squeezing WR ftw?), but I highly doubt it.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Andami  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the record is "most points on a single song", couldn't the achievement technically be done on drums, or in a band even?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andami
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/15/dnt.guitar.hero.record.king?didheplayitat11 there's the video of his interview
hheemm  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/15/dnt.guitar.hero.record.king?didheplayitat11 there's the video of his interview

At the end, he says he tried real guitar. He couldn't play it for the life of him, because there's six strings. Aside from that he also said, you have to strum, and there's all these notes. Hmmm, sounds like a game I know......It's on the tip of my tongue......O well. Congrats to that kid (even though it's not the highest score on that song)
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
Skysore  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barely over 1m is pathetic...I sightread Fced this song...I can't believe he's having people drool over him. wow.
700K TDWDTG [x]
Start Playing Again []
My Accomplishment Thread!
Check out my Youtube!
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

This is fucking painful. Especially the parts where he calls his record "important" and when he talks about real guitar.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skysore wrote:
barely over 1m is pathetic...I sightread Fced this song...I can't believe he's having people drool over him. wow.

1.19 million isn't barely over the million mark. He's a 12 year old, of course he's not gonna be the brightest in the bunch. I'm sure a lot of us were awkward when we were 12 also. There's no need to be flame him, he got the record and so be it. If you "disagree" with it because you are the fucking best! Then go fucking beat it. I'm sick of people acting like elitist assholes.

And none of us are awestruck over his score, sure some people in the general public might be. I barely passed TDWDTG in Public once and had a crowd around me drooling. It doesn't take much to impress the general public.

The effect of people playing Guitar Hero in public is the same as real guitar. I was just at a High School talent show and everyone was awestruck when a kid played a Metro Station song and a few tapping sections of Eruption. All beginner stuff in the eyes of a serious guitar player, but to the general public a whole one chord is amazing talent and "OOOOOOH" worthy.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Skysore  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
Skysore wrote:

1.19 million isn't barely over the million mark. He's a 12 year old, of course he's not gonna be the brightest in the bunch. I'm sure a lot of us were awkward when we were 12 also. There's no need to be flame him, he got the record and so be it. If you "disagree" with it because you are the fucking best! Then go fucking beat it. I'm sick of people acting like elitist assholes.

And none of us are awestruck over his score, sure some people in the general public might be. I barely passed TDWDTG in Public once and had a crowd around me drooling. It doesn't take much to impress the general public.

The effect of people playing Guitar Hero in public is the same as real guitar. I was just at a High School talent show and everyone was awestruck when a kid played a Metro Station song and a few tapping sections of Eruption. All beginner stuff in the eyes of a serious guitar player, but to the general public a whole one chord is amazing talent and "OOOOOOH" worthy.

its not that im saying he sucks, and the fact that he's twelve is irrelevant look at beberle, and im not trying to be elitist at all I'm just steaming because of the fact that they overlooked so many good people and the fact that guiness fails to recognize people who are, well lets say "gifted" at the game or even scorehero in general. If they are going to make Guitar Hero a big deal then I don't get their logic to not contacting the biggest and one of the only guitar hero communities in the world. I'm also not saying that I should be recognized by guiness I was just using myself as an example. And I have beaten it for the record.
700K TDWDTG [x]
Start Playing Again []
My Accomplishment Thread!
Check out my Youtube!
massi4h  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its 1019682 which is 1.019mil, which is about 18k below the top score.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: