ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Everett boy gets attention of Guinness with Guitar Hero Skil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone who has a top score on here should get a video up and submit their WORLD RECORD SCORE! Wasn't there one in the Guiness Gaming Records book for "highest score on Knights of Cydonia on Hard difficulty" or something?
Hell, everyone submit videos of their lowest scores too. It's still a record. Highest score on Satch Boogie with a Medium guitarist, Beginner drummer and Hard vocalist, with the guitarist playing behind his back and the drummer using his hands! Post a video of a high score being achieved with those parameters, and if nobody disputes it, it's a world record!
massi4h  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually has be be accepted by Guinness to be a Guinness World Record.

And that high score on KoC Hard was some major fail at some official even that was held were all the n00bs there played for the highest score they could get on that song.
flyingrossie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
Dylan did it! He told me he was gonna go for it, but I didn't know he was gonna actually get it. Awesome!

This^^^

I remember talking to him while he was planning this, he was so determined. Really proud of him as weird as that sounds XD
machchunk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
toymachine wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/15/dnt.guitar.hero.record.king?didheplayitat11 there's the video of his interview

This is fucking painful. Especially the parts where he calls his record "important" and when he talks about real guitar.

This one post encapsulates why the rest of the Internet makes fun of us. A harmless news video and you uptight nerds get absolutely infuriated at it. Seriously, what in the goddamn hell did you expect him to say on a CNN video, or anywhere else even? That holding a place in a respected world record book read by millions each year doesn't mean anything?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
BA142  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
Dylan is disgracing my great state

word. when i read this i literally lol'd
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
toymachine wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/09/15/dnt.guitar.hero.record.king?didheplayitat11 there's the video of his interview

This is fucking painful. Especially the parts where he calls his record "important" and when he talks about real guitar.

This one post encapsulates why the rest of the Internet makes fun of us. A harmless news video and you uptight nerds get absolutely infuriated at it. Seriously, what in the goddamn hell did you expect him to say on a CNN video, or anywhere else even? That holding a place in a respected world record book read by millions each year doesn't mean anything?
that could be what he was thinking, if he's ever seen the leaderboards. It might have been awkward for him to be interviewed for holding a guiness world record when he knows it isn't the top score.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter whether it's the best score. To say getting the record is worthless would be insanity, even to the majority of SH users. Believe it or not, very few people put that much stock into an Internet leaderboard, but they do pay attention to Guinness world records.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think smoky was saying the opposite- that the kid was actually putting too much importance in GH, and saying that his record was important. He was also perpetuating the stereotype of "lrn2play reeltar nub" by saying how hard it was to "press your fingers on the frets and strum" which made it sound like all he could do was play a game. (which in a way, is the case.)

Sure his accomplishment is important, but really, it's just a high score in a videogame. not any more important than having the most scorpions on your face at one time is, for example.

I think smoky wanted the kid to admit that it's just a game, whereas in the interview he gave the GH player a negative image by rejecting real guitar, and saying that a GH accomplishment was important.

...I probably did not word that right. Hope you see what I mean. >_>
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I think smoky was saying the opposite- that the kid was actually putting too much importance in GH, and saying that his record was important. He was also perpetuating the stereotype of "lrn2play reeltar nub" by saying how hard it was to "press your fingers on the frets and strum" which made it sound like all he could do was play a game. (which in a way, is the case.)

Sure his accomplishment is important, but really, it's just a high score in a videogame. not any more important than having the most scorpions on your face at one time is, for example.

I think smoky wanted the kid to admit that it's just a game, whereas in the interview he gave the GH player a negative image by rejecting real guitar, and saying that a GH accomplishment was important.

...I probably did not word that right. Hope you see what I mean. >_>

Nah, that's what I was thinking. Guitar Hero in the news usually only leads to more idiots bashing the game based on the stereotypical "Guitar Hero kid". The way he described his inability to play real guitar is especially bad.
iDylan1357  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, that' me. lol.

this record pretty much changed my life. it was on the front page of my local paper, and I was on 4 news stations. the day it was in the newspaper, everybody at school crowded around me asking questions and 4/7 teachers I had showed the newspaper to the whole class. and when I got home, 4 news stations had called asking for interviews. I felt like a celebrity. cause I was. for the time, lol.

that score wasn't a very good score for me; my highest is around 1,050,000. but you've gotta know; I felt insanely nervous, there were tons of people around me giving me pressure, the TV was 12' and there was no hyperspeed. it was hard. but I still did it.

3 years later. my life has changed a LOT; I quit guitar hero pretty shortly after I set the record. I'd get back into it for a week or so every few months, but never truly back into it. Ended up selling my Xbox in early 2010. Then got a slim for my birthday, sold it a month later. I haven't played a video game in 9 months.

for the record, I never called myself the best at guitar hero. I'm not NEAR that position, lol. that's just what everybody believed.

my voice is SO high in that video, holy shit. still is, but back then I didn't even know what the fuck puberty was, xD.

the record never officially got into the Guinness book. here's the story... my mom edited the cover paper when I sent it in to London to be approved, and I told her to add a note that I hadn't used hyperspeed (it isn't allowed by them, idk why. it is a cheat I guess), and she put down I had played on "Quickplay-Hyperspeed" for some reason. I have no idea. Pure stupidity, I still hold a slight grudge to this day, lol. But they automatically denied it. And of course, I hadn't used hyperspeed. FML.

3 years later, and I just bought my 5th Xbox 360 and my 12th Guitar (I've spent a lot of money on GH over the years...) and I'm getting back into the game. I'm setting the record straight with Guinness, and am planning to attempt it again this fall/winter. life has changed so much. but GH is something that never left me.

oh, and all those haters saying I'm a "disgrace" to WA and people saying they can beat me; go get the record yourself then. do it. and how am I a disgrace to Washington? cause I brought national attention to Guitar Hero and WA? yeah, that's what I thought, bitches.

B.nAUght47  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the record still isn't the high score (which is 1.065million according to the wiki) a Guinness world record is still a Guinness world record.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BnAUght47 Wii Friend Code: 0810038126955628
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much of a pain in the ass is the record setting process?

edit: someone beat my score
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
iDylan1357  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
machchunk wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
toymachine wrote:

that could be what he was thinking, if he's ever seen the leaderboards. It might have been awkward for him to be interviewed for holding a guiness world record when he knows it isn't the top score.

yes, it was.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
how much of a pain in the ass is the record setting process?

edit: someone beat my score

Ha ha, it can be very consuming. I put a lot of time and effort into organizing Hero for the Heart, roughly 6 months. THEN, the evidence collecting and package prep to send to Guinness took me another three months. It's been roughly 8 weeks since they got it, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

In my opinion, breaking a record isn't that difficult. It's proving you did it that's the trick. The witnesses are the key. You can either have a rep from Guinness witness it OR have at least two reputable members of the community watch. The thing is having a Guinness rep would cost at least $6,000 not including hotel and airfare. Since my record took place over 3 days, that was out of the question for me. And if you don't use Guinness reps, you need witness, photos, video, press articles (if available) and anything else relevant to proving you did something.

If you plan on breaking a record, follow Guinness' rules TO A "T." After reading Dylan's story, that sucks something hardcore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: