ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Debating which drum pedal to use as my main

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Debating which drum pedal to use as my main Reply with quote

So here's the deal, I have two GHWT pedals for my GHWT kit. One has been used with my right foot since forever, and I got the other one somewhere else and it's hardly been used. The problem is, the old one has been whacked since the beginning of time, so there's a little ring around where the pedal hits, making it not as sensitive. Furthermore, the other pedal is brand new, and somehow it double kicks like a mofo. It seems to be so sensitive that when the spring is fully extended (released), it registers a hit. I remember one time I was switching pedals for expert+ songs to see which was better, and as I was moving the new pedal, holding it in my hands, it was constantly registering notes.

So basically, one pedal drops about 1 of 7 hits (with hard pressure), while the other registers a hit if a fly lands 5 ft from the pedal. Which should I use for my main bass-pedal-using leg?

I adjusted the old one to a sensitivity of 20 and the new one to a sensitivity of 0 on the drum pad adjuster, yet that doesn't seem to change much.

Suggestions? :P
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Debating which drum pedal to use as my main Reply with quote

My advice would be to hit up the hardware forum and fix your crappy pedals.

If that's not an option, I'd suggest using the old pedal. Occasionally missing a hit is better than constantly double hitting in my opinion.
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, it related to drumming so I decided to stick it here. Not like this forum is bursting with posts anyway :P

I'm not too good with tinkering with the stuff inside the pedals, I'll just leave those alone
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recomment buying 1 new wt pedal from best buy with the 2 year warrentee, and returning them each for the warrentee until you get two good ones ^_~ lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, good plan, I already have the 2 year warranty for the GHWT bundle, but the problem in doing so (which I've had in the past) is that I can never seem to get one bundle with 100% completely working instruments. Sometimes my drums suck but my guitar works great, and sometimes my guitar doesn't work and my drums are great. Too bad there's no policy on exchanging singular items, that way I'd probably already have a perfect set.

Though it may be time for me to exchange my set again, my guitar broke a while ago and my pedal isn't great. It's like 30 bucks to renew the warranty though
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my rock band box set with the 2 year warrentee, and the several times i had to return the drums, I only returned the drums. And just left them the guitar / ect from the new box (opened it in the store, took drums, left the rest).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh thats odd, I had to make sure I had every part of the box set to return it o.O

This is best buy we're talking about?
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApocalypseDao wrote:
Huh thats odd, I had to make sure I had every part of the box set to return it o.O

This is best buy we're talking about?

huh. at my best buy i was able to return just the drums, and in exchange i got a new drum kit. of course, me being on PS2 might be a factor, but im not so sure.

ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be it, maybe I'll ask em next time I go there.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take your new box, and take out only the part you are needing, every little part is still in the old box... Shouldn't be a problem for them to do this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I still have to bring everything there as proof of purchase? I still have the receipt also, it just seems kinda weird that I'd be pulling only a few items out of a new box instead of taking the entire thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: