ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero DDR Decision

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx1010  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero DDR Decision Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a deal with my parents that I can take any amount of money out of the bank and I can do it again once I put my share back in. Well I just did and I now have the money to buy something for my needs I was thinking of getting GH3 for the PC so I can get custom songs in the game and have a controller for Jam Legend. But now I just got into DDR and I discovered a great Dance pad from RedOctane (they make the best controllers!!!!) that I can use with Stepmania and my ps2. So I don't know what to get! I mean I really love GH but my DDR mat sucks (It's the Pelican dance pad) which means I need a new one! Is Stepmania a good game? What will be worth my money!? I need help Also what is the best DDR game other than EXTREME 2 because I might get a game with the redoctane controller.
If you have read this congratulations! BTW I'm not really sure if Stepmania is free. I just want to know about the download on there site. Edit: Can someone please answer me!!!!!!!????
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $250 for my redoctane afterburner, and I have to say, it is more accurate than the arcade ddr pad. It was worth every penny to me, even at that price.

Its a steal now for $150. Get that for sure.

I use it on a dedicated stepmania computer, and I can also use it on the ps2.

Note, you can also use it on the wii. Just get a ps2 to gamecube adapter, that's ddr capable. They're like $10.

Now, the bottom of the arrows, what makes the connection is a gold aluminum foil taped to the arrow. If that comes undone, you can use aluminum foil to replace it.

As far as the best ddr game, get yourself a swap magic disc to play imports, and get the japanese ddr extreme. Over 100 songs, ALL from the arcade. By far the best console ddr game, ever.
M34T  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese DDR EXTREME by far. Other local PS2 versions you'll probably like include SuperNOVA 1-2 and DDRMAX 2. SuperNOVA would probably be best, given your regard for rock music; though MAX 2 and SuperNOVA 2 are very well-balanced as well. DDR X is a decent starting mix too, assuming you can get into rap music as well.

The only PS2 version I suggest avoiding is X2, to be honest.

I've been diddering since 2000, and I approve this message.

Oh yeah. As far as Stepmania goes, it's just a standalone computer program. You have to d/l and insert songs to be used with it. Most of the songs can be found at Zenius-I-Vanisher, just put them like so:

Program Files
- StepMania
- - Songs
- - - (Make a subfolder for whatever version)*
- - - - HERE

* (When you download a "pack," you can usually just unzip it in the Songs folder, it'll do the rest. Group folder should already be set up!)
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add one more thing.

On the Afterburner, I ran into an issue that the arrows weren't registering. Turns out its because of thick carpet.

If you have thick carpet, pick yourself up a cheap piece of plywood to put the pad on. It really helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: