Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fashion Trends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
I just wear whatevers comfortable.
Like my friends skinny jeans (Not guy skinny jeans, girl skinny jeans)

I take it you're a guy right? I tried skinny jeans, and I could swear my voice went 2 or 3 octaves up when I pulled the fly, they were that tight... How the hell can ya get around in those?

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone who has said skinny jeans are a bad fashion trend. I really don't see how they're comfortable, and to be honest I don't like that 'scene' in general.
But, and I know this might sound wierd, even though I dont like skinny jeans, I don't like baggy t-shirts. I prefer pretty tight t-shirts with short sleeves. Wierd.

Personally, I normally wear jeans a t-shirt and a hoodie or something along those lines. But I'm more of a brand name person. I'd blame that on the English culture though.
GrizzSucks5  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my high school it's socks with sandals. >_________>

EDIT: I wear skinny jeans. They're really, really comfortable. Maybe the ones you guys wore were just TOO skinny. >_<
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxSHOCKWAVExXx Wii Friend Code: 013015843081
skutieos  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying expensive clothing is stupid. I rather get cheap stuff and save the rest for something useful.
R4G3  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear band shirts, plain white tee shirts, black shorts, sweats.

That is all.

No Hollister, American Eagle or whatever the hell else people at my school wear.

Translation: Never changing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: aceofspades076
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
clawmaster2 wrote:
I just wear whatevers comfortable.
Like my friends skinny jeans (Not guy skinny jeans, girl skinny jeans)

I take it you're a guy right? I tried skinny jeans, and I could swear my voice went 2 or 3 octaves up when I pulled the fly, they were that tight... How the hell can ya get around in those?

Yeah.. They weren't that damn tight on me.
Maybe a little around the crotch but that was it.
May I remind you I'm only 105-110 lbs.
Edit: What GrizzSucks said.
13rats  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that, as several people have said, buying expensive clothes is pointless. The reason for wearing clothes is to keep you warm and in our societies, it is considered indecent to keep your genitals uncovered. Somehow it became popular to buy what is "fashionable". Now people will spend four, five, or way more times as much on something as they could and should. Sure, it may be a bit worse cut, the armpits don't work as well when you raise your arm up, etc. But the point of clothing, as I said, is to keep you warm and cozy as you walk around in the world, especially in winter. So the most important thing should be what is comfortable to you, not what the other kids will think you are cool for wearing.

I wear tee-shirts (any kind does the trick, usually short-sleeved), loose-ish jeans (but shorts on Tuesday and Friday since those are the days I have PE on and shorts are required), a hoodie, sneakers that also serve as running shoes, and just regular socks. Keeps me warm and doesn't feel too tight or uncomfortable.

Edit: Just to clarify things for people who like tight jeans, I don't mean to say that I think they are bad or anything, it's good that you wear them if you find them comfortable. I personally don't, so I don't wear them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEVER wear pants. I HATE them. I wear shorts all year long, even in the winter. They feel too restrictive. I get most of my clothes at good will, like my ugly sweaters. I have a passion for ugly sweaters. Also, I have $10 velcro shoes that I got at walmart that are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and everyone likes to laugh at them. They are the good stuff. Other than that, I wear what I like regardless of what it is. If I like it, I wear it.
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hate the fact that in my school (and in most other middle/high schools), if you don't wear a Hollister, AE, Abercrombie shirt and $100 jeans every day, you are offically not cool. My friends are starting to get into it too, and I'm saying, "NO!! NO ONE IS GOING TO JUDGE YOU BY YOUR CLOTHING LATER IN LIFE!! NO ONE CARES!!".
I just wear whatever T-Shirts are washed, and my nice baggy jeans. I also hate seeing other kids boxers. SO ANNOYING. /end of rant about stupid clothing judgement
guitarroker  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically everyone in my school has Billabong written over their clothing in different styles. I just wear band t shirts, black jeans and a dark grey hoodie.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 146157709520
D0m0omod  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that designer clothing is overpriced and underwhelming. While they may look "hip" and "cool" they don't necessarily look good. My cousing is knee deep in this kind of crap. He spent $300 on two t-shirts, one long sleeve shirt, and a pair of pants. I have roughly 40 band t-shirts and 10 plain or novelty shirts (such as my Power Rangers Tees.)

However, I DO have expensive tastes when it comes to clothing. I recently got a new leather jacket for about $120. It's retail price was $479 but the store was moving to a new location and everything was dirt cheap. Not to mention my weakness for basketball shoes. I just got the new Hyperdunks with an all black colorway for $112. I also have a pair of old-school Nike Flights that I got for free.

I'm currently $115 away from buying the Nike Hyperdunk Supreme, aka the Nike McFlys. These shoes will set me back $699 total. Crazy? Yes. But COMPLETELY worth it.

Frozen is Death, but I cannot die.

Delorean Progress: Still Searching
geome  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I wear to school every day. (Clothing shown in photo, not the photo itself, obviously.)
inkjt510  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear expensive clothing because it's good quality.
Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man
GH3 Goals: Enlightened Guitarist [ ] 13
FG5*: TTFAF, TWIE
13rats  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDojoLoach wrote:
I NEVER wear pants. I HATE them. I wear shorts all year long, even in the winter. They feel too restrictive. I get most of my clothes at good will, like my ugly sweaters. I have a passion for ugly sweaters. Also, I have $10 velcro shoes that I got at walmart that are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and everyone likes to laugh at them. They are the good stuff. Other than that, I wear what I like regardless of what it is. If I like it, I wear it.

Just like a friend from the school I used to go to, he only wore pants when he absolutely had to, like in the 8th grade play or graduation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
I just hate the fact that in my school (and in most other middle/high schools), if you don't wear a Hollister, AE, Abercrombie shirt and $100 jeans every day, you are offically not cool. My friends are starting to get into it too, and I'm saying, "NO!! NO ONE IS GOING TO JUDGE YOU BY YOUR CLOTHING LATER IN LIFE!! NO ONE CARES!!".
I just wear whatever T-Shirts are washed, and my nice baggy jeans. I also hate seeing other kids boxers. SO ANNOYING. /end of rant about stupid clothing judgement

Seriously man, why the fuck would you wanna show off your boxers.
I hope someone who follows these trends is on SH and can enlighten us on these trends.

geome wrote:
Here's what I wear to school every day. (Clothing shown in photo, not the photo itself, obviously.)

Uniforms eh?
I feel your pain. But, not anymore! I've had to wear a uniform for 9 stright fucking years. Kindergarten through 8th.

But now that I'm in high school I can express myself! Yay for expressing myself.
I'm a sophomore now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: