ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
freeform section cheating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctified09  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: freeform section cheating? Reply with quote

i read somewhere that some people have some type of piano-ish thing for freeform sections to get their multiplier higher... and i don't think that is very fair considering it isn't singing...

anyway, i was wondering if scorehero's gonna allow these scores to be on its leaderboards...

sorry if this should be in misc... i wasn't sure....
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, scores obtained by using external devices on the freeform sections (or on the pitch sections for that matter) shouldn't be allowed, as this is cheating. I think the general consensus is that as long as you are producing the sound yourself (by singing, humming, whistling, clapping, head-banging etc) it's allowed.

skeltonath  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stubbscroll wrote:
In my opinion, scores obtained by using external devices on the freeform sections (or on the pitch sections for that matter) shouldn't be allowed, as this is cheating. I think the general consensus is that as long as you are producing the sound yourself (by singing, humming, whistling, clapping, head-banging etc) it's allowed.

It's not just the general consensus, its the rules. I forget who, but someone tried going through the vox setlist in RB with a musical instrument. They weren't planning on submitting the scores, they were just curious. The mods decided any scores gotten by using an external noise was considered cheating. I think Krim tired it one time, too.

While considered cheating, using an instrument to play songs in RB/GH is still pretty damn impressive.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
joshbeast31  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell would they be able to tell if you were cheating or not??

You couldn't, right?

GH:SH 40/48 FC, Ranked 10th on XBL (7/8/09)
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess now it's "Vids or it didn't happen". Oh, and the vids have to be of you actually singing, as opposed to a gamebridge video. Oh, and you also have to submit a video of yourself holding a random household item requested by the first poster on your YouTube channel while doing a naked handstand.

Cheaters are always going to be cheaters, and people who break the games will always break the games. Thank God we have ScoreHero.
Syzzle  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbillkickoff wrote:
I guess now it's "Vids or it didn't happen". Oh, and the vids have to be of you actually singing, as opposed to a gamebridge video. Oh, and you also have to submit a video of yourself holding a random household item requested by the first poster on your YouTube channel while doing a naked handstand.

Cheaters are always going to be cheaters, and people who break the games will always break the games. Thank God we have ScoreHero.

But not every can make vids so thats unfair. As for cheaters well if they are smart they won't tell anyone and won't get caught.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: Syzzle
brandonbb13  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshbeast31 wrote:
How the hell would they be able to tell if you were cheating or not??

You couldn't, right?

ya but its kinda like an honors thing. people just gotta do the rite thing and dont post these scores

My youtube channel, which features On Tour videos, including a Band Hero DS unboxing video!

Subscribe for more videos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brandonbb13  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syzzle wrote:
wildbillkickoff wrote:

But not every can make vids so thats unfair. As for cheaters well if they are smart they won't tell anyone and won't get caught.

dont give them ideas! one of em could be trolling this forum rite now

My youtube channel, which features On Tour videos, including a Band Hero DS unboxing video!

Subscribe for more videos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: