ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:SH with RB2 drums problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDukkie  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: GH:SH with RB2 drums problems... Reply with quote

So, I've got two problems-

1) How do I use Star Power? Some times in fills it'll activate, some times it won't, and I've gotten it to turn on in the middle of a not-fill area a few times too. What's going on here, and how do I force it to activate?

2) Is a double bass possible at all without spending more than $75 on a double bass mod? I've tried using one of those headphone splitter things- it worked, but I had to get rid of my other bass pedal, so... anyone know of a double bass mod?

If anyone's got answers to either question, post here.

They need to have a handicap. Like, their controllers have an extra lane and corresponding button/pad. Also they're all one color. And someone's shooting rubber bands at them.
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: GH:SH with RB2 drums problems... Reply with quote

MrDukkie wrote:
So, I've got two problems-

1) How do I use Star Power? Some times in fills it'll activate, some times it won't, and I've gotten it to turn on in the middle of a not-fill area a few times too. What's going on here, and how do I force it to activate?

2) Is a double bass possible at all without spending more than $75 on a double bass mod? I've tried using one of those headphone splitter things- it worked, but I had to get rid of my other bass pedal, so... anyone know of a double bass mod?

If anyone's got answers to either question, post here.
To use Star Power, you must hit B+Y simultaneously.
davidshek  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: GH:SH with RB2 drums problems... Reply with quote

MrDukkie wrote:

If GH:SH is the same as GH:WT and GH:M, which I'm sure it is, hit your yellow + blue drum pads at the same time to activate SP.

MrDukkie wrote:

A headphone splitter won't work. You'll need a Twin Rocker, or the PDP double adapter that's sold at Gamestop.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, hitting B and Y at the same time activates Star Power even during non-fill sections. Interesting. I'm presuming this doesn't break my combo, correct?

They need to have a handicap. Like, their controllers have an extra lane and corresponding button/pad. Also they're all one color. And someone's shooting rubber bands at them.
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDukkie wrote:
So, hitting B and Y at the same time activates Star Power even during non-fill sections. Interesting. I'm presuming this doesn't break my combo, correct?
Right, if you have a Y note coming up, you can add B to it and activate Star Power.
ao33  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusfenixrules wrote:
MrDukkie wrote:
Right, if you have a Y note coming up, you can add B to it and activate Star Power.

I'm pretty sure you can replace any note at all with Y+B to activate and not break combo.

And I bought a second pedal at EB Games (In Canada) for 20 dollars and it came with a splitter that takes 1 AAA battery for double bass. Works on RB1 drums so it should work for RB2.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74115

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ao33 wrote:
Works on RB1 drums so it should work for RB2.

Statements like that are very misleading. Example: The original Twin Rocker, built for the RB1 drums, does NOT work on the RB2 drums.

The adapter that you linked to does work on both, but in general, you can't make statements like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: GH:SH with RB2 drums problems... Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:

A headphone splitter won't work. You'll need a Twin Rocker, or the PDP double adapter that's sold at Gamestop.

A headphone splitter does work :\ just not well, since it's going off RB pedal's system. Does the PDP eliminate it where you can hold down either pedal and still make a hit?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
davidshek  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:SH with RB2 drums problems... Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
A headphone splitter does work :\ just not well, since it's going off RB pedal's system.

Right, in other words...it doesn't work.

ElementOfZero wrote:
Does the PDP eliminate it where you can hold down either pedal and still make a hit?

Yes. In other words, it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: