ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Michael Jackson is now officially dead at age 50.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kinda pisses me off that my parents (who happen to believe ANYTHING the media reports) say he bleached his skin and other shit about his personal life ontop of dismissing my arguments because I wasn't born yet when he rose to fame. I still think his musical life was much more important than his personal life, but everyone I know thinks otherwise
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, I haven't been this shocked by a famous death since Steve Irwin...

took me a while to post in here I guess... but yeah, the man was a legend... unfortunately he'll never be able to escape the criticism he recieved in his later years... (much like OJ Simpson, his name is pretty much tainted) but he was definitely one of the biggest names in music, and possibly one of the most recognizable names on the planet.

I remember a while back trying to think of the most famous people in the world, and Michael Jackson was one of the names I thought of first... this is a loss for the whole world.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Noah023  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryd3r wrote:
tantanman wrote:
daniel192 wrote:
1959 - Buddy Holly dies (Airplane crash)
1977 - Elvis dies (Heart attack)
1977 - 3 members of Lynyrd Skynyrd die (Plane crash)
1980 - John Lennon dies (Murdered)
1982 - Randy Rhoads dies (Plane crash)
1986 - Cliff Burton dies (Bus crash)
1990 - SRV dies (Helicopter crash)
1994 - Kurt Cobain dies (Suicide)
2004 - Dimebag Darrel dies (Murdered
2009 - David Carradine, Michael Jackson, Farah Fawcett and Ed McMahon die.
Ed died normally. Is there something with great entertainers and dying horribly?

Also John Bonham.

RIP MJ

Do not forget Bob Marley... and Screamin Jay hawkins... And Riche V

Jeff Buckley..

RIP MICHEAL.
DaneH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, call me a bad person, but I'm not too moved by his death at all. Yes, he had some really good music, but at the same time there's so much evidence against him as a child molester that it makes me not care. And also, is he not just another person like you and me? Yes, he was a more musically inclined/talented person than mostly everyone in the world, but that doesn't make his dying anymore special than anyone else's. And compared to many other great musician's deaths, this is not young at all. Kurt Cobain- 27, Randy Rhoads- 26, etc. Think of it this way, atleast he didn't die BEFORE writing all his music.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaneH wrote:
I dunno, call me a bad person, but I'm not too moved by his death at all. Yes, he had some really good music, but at the same time there's so much evidence against him as a child molester that it makes me not care. And also, is he not just another person like you and me? Yes, he was a more musically inclined/talented person than mostly everyone in the world, but that doesn't make his dying anymore special than anyone else's. And compared to many other great musician's deaths, this is not young at all. Kurt Cobain- 27, Randy Rhoads- 26, etc. Think of it this way, atleast he didn't die BEFORE writing all his music.

Well maybe he didn't bleach his skin and this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xJlyJgfS8

Oh the media...

And Randy Rhoads died at 25 because it was March 19, 1982 and his birthday wasn't until December 6.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I heard this happened, I had nothing that I could say but "Holy Shit." I don't remember the last time that I was shocked by a celebrity death like this. Unfortunately, my Dad didn't really appreciate him at all and only saw him as the psycho child molester, so it kinda makes me feel awkward to even have any MJ songs on my iPod. Probably the most ironic thing for me was that I had figured out how to port Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean from Moonwalker (genesis) to Sonic 1 about a week ago. And I was listening to his songs before I went to bed the night before he died.

He was a musical genius, and was awesome in his prime. Shame that he had to die like this. I mean, I'm not old enough to have lived through his musical career, but I still appreciate what he has done musically. In a few weeks, he will be the butt of everybody's jokes again (there are already some going around :/ ), but he will be remembered for the music that he left behind us. Still, shame he had to get himself into the molestation charges, whether he's really innocent or guilty.

[/rant, though I know I'm a bit late]

I know I'll be listening to your music for a while. RIP Michael Jackson, may you Moonwalk your way into heaven.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwfTNOxfTo

A very good tribute video.

By the way, Michael has been single-handedly crashing the internet over the past couple of days.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
By the way, Michael has been single-handedly crashing the internet over the past couple of days.

Also, try finding an MJ CD or DVD at any nearby music store. My Best Buy got six copies of The Essential Michael Jackson in last night at around 9:30 at night and they were all gone within 20 minutes.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
3starmaster  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU

This pretty much sums up what I think of the matter. The media is now kissing his ass after 20 years of just ripping on him for pedophilia and plain just being crazy. It really shouldn't have taken his death for the media to stop being a giant douche to him

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWdOeOwfuc

And to be cool and trendy I'll also post a YouTube tribute (and hey! It was made by me!)

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
over-psyed  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3starmaster wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU

This pretty much sums up what I think of the matter. The media is now kissing his ass after 20 years of just ripping on him for pedophilia and plain just being crazy. It really shouldn't have taken his death for the media to stop being a giant douche to him

Rant time?

what you said is completely true. I've heard the media just bashing him for the molestation charges . It's starting to really get annoying because every time I'm bored and just surf on the T.V for anything moderately interesting, for that tiny 1/2 second i see the channel, i see them making these shitty claims about MJ or someone else. it's getting to that point to where the media will have to set standards on what is acceptable and what is just plain idiotic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:

There are already pop-ups about how he died for prizes and such.

Anywho, watched this man on BET and Fuse, got my Thriller on! his MUSIC is really neat.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its time for me to play the Devil's Advocate here which sucks but it needs to be said.

Why is everyone overreacting about this? Let me explain myself. I am not a fan of Michael Jackson's music or his person, but I respect his death. However, even if my favorite fucking musician in the world died, I wouldn't shed a tear. Why would you? You share no bonds to the person, so what's the point? I don't understand why people are freaking out about one person's death, especially a "master" from a genre of music where anything can get popular at any moment. if you like him, great, feel bad for him. There's no need to buy everything he owns and sob and moan like it's someone you actually know who died.

I'm sorry that I sound so harsh, but it needed to be said :/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
NYwRiter94  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Stuff about why we should have no emotional connection to musicians.

Because some people relate to music in a way that I don't, and clearly you don't, understand. Obviously Michael's music reached people and struck a nerve.

Anyways, I've tried insisting(saying I have picture proof from the video above) that MJ had vilitigo to my family members, but they all insist that I don't know and that he bleached his skin. I haven't even bothered to bring up the molestation stuff cause I figured they'd disagree anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really shocked and rattled by the news, I figured he would live for a long time. Really sad day for music.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: