ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hats! Pt. 2: Battling winter IRL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Hats! Pt. 2: Battling winter IRL Reply with quote

I saw the hat thread and I got all excited then disappointed when I found out it was about accessorizing your avatar. I thought it was going to be discussion about people's choices in head wear during the cold months of now. There are many ways to keep your noggin warm and comfy, lets talk about (and post pics) of your great gear!
As for me, this is how I keep it cool- err, warm, in the winter:

This is an authentic Soviet Navy ushanka. I found one of these while at my local army surplus (I now do all my clothes shopping there; they have so much awesome stuff) while searching for various helmets and gear with a group of friends for TF2 costumes. Apparently these have actually started becoming a bit of a fad in places and people are buying modern "Soviet" ushankas in some outlets. These however are just lame thin hats with a half-assed fake communist pin attached to some modern material. Also, they don't keep you that warm at all because they're just for show. The REAL hats, like this one from back where there really was a soviet navy, are perhaps the warmest hat ever developed and they truly make you cold-invincible as long as you wear a jacket and gloves too.
BTW- If you wanted to buy a ushanka, the grey ones are authentic and most black ones are fake. Just google pictures of the soviet army, their hat looks just like mine.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not even covering your ears.

I rock tuques, like most Canadians.

I have a Seatlle Seahawks one, and a ND one.

They keep my head o so warm.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It unfolds, silly.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue/grey handmade beanie ^_^ It's warm and stylish, what's not to like?

I used to have a really cool timberland beanie, but it doesn't fit anymore

The beanie is pretty much the only kind of cold weather hat I ever wear.

Oh, I also rock the convertible fingerless-to-mitten gloves, they work for coldness and for improving GH/RB finger speed.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
kyle99  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandpa used to work at the army core, so he has like, 50 different green hats that are super thick and cover your ears and their super warm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iamalwayssto
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle99 wrote:
My grandpa used to work at the army core, so he has like, 50 different green hats that are super thick and cover your ears and their super warm.

Yeah, from my experience and that of my friends, the warmest gear is army stuff.
Twang  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my big fuzzy hat.

It's so cool, it inspired that stupid grin on my face.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: