SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bands you've seen live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shreddies  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
Holy shit you were there? Small world. I thought they were alright. Andrew (the skinny guy)'s songs were way better than Scott's.

Yea andrew seemed like the only guy in that group who had any idea what he was doing. It wouldnt have been so bad had it been a little shorter, but scott's beard can only amuse me for so long

Edit: woops looks like im on my brothers account by accident :S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATED LIST

Buckethead
Foreigner
Divinity Destroyed
Kittie
Impending Doom
Evergreen Terrace
Periphery
Motionless in White
Born of Osiris (x2)
Failure in Vanity
An Aborted Memory
Within the Ruins (x2)
Dimmu Borgir
Enslaved
Pwned
The Zodiac Complex
An Open Ended Sky
Painted in Exile
Whitechapel (x2)
The Acacia Strain
Veil of Maya
Chelsea Grin
I Declare War
Iwrestledabearonce
After the Burial
In This Moment
The Ghost Inside
Darkest Hour
As Blood Runs Black
Oceano
Dying Fetus
Six Feet Under
The Black Dahlia Murder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was supposed to see Kings of Leon and Band of Horses, but of course KoL canceled out the day before our show. :/ And on the same day, In Flames pulled out of Mayhem, which was the only band (besides All Shall Perish) that I hadn't seen but wanted to. On the plus side though, I went to Mayhem Saturday and got to go VIP! This allowed me to skip all the lines for artist signings. In addition, I got to go backstage and meet ALL THREE headlining bands! That means, yes, I got to meet Dave Mustaine, along with the rest of Megadeth, Disturbed, and Godsmack, all guys who seemed cool (although you could tell Dave wasn't doing well, but at least they played. Plus, I already saw them perform Rust in Peace and more when I saw them last year, so the only new songs I heard that they hadn't played last time were Sweating Bullets, and new song Public Enemy No. 1.

Is anyone else excited for Uproar? I was pumped when I heard about A7X's setlist poll, which is incredible, since I consider them my favorite band ever. However, with the final tally out, it looks like many were dumb enough to vote on almost all of the singles that they normally play anyways. Despite this, a few great deep cuts made the list. Here's my wishlist from the eligible songs (remember that they only play 10), and my realistic expectations:

Wishful Thinking:
Beast and the Harlot
Second Heartbeat
Not Ready to Die
Buried Alive
Seize the Day
Chapter Four
I Won't See You Tonight Part 1
M.I.A.
Bat Country
A Little Piece of Heaven

Realistic:
Beast and the Harlot
Not Ready to Die
Welcome to the Family
Scream
Seize the Day
Almost Easy
Bat Country
Chapter Four
A Little Piece of Heaven
Unholy Confessions

I really, REALLY want them to play M.I.A., as well as IWSYTP1 and Not Ready to Die. Second Heartbeat and Chapter Four would also be incredible, and something tells me they'll play one of the two (but not both) at my show. But honestly, I'm such a big fan, even if they play one deep cut, or even a song I haven't heard them do before (even such as more common ones like Seize the Day and ALPOH), I'll be happy. And yes, I know they mix it up every show, but this is just my guess for my show.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from An Evening with Amon Amarth. Twas very awesome, glad I went. :D
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
I was supposed to see Kings of Leon and Band of Horses, but of course KoL canceled out the day before our show. :/ And on the same day, In Flames pulled out of Mayhem, which was the only band (besides All Shall Perish) that I hadn't seen but wanted to. On the plus side though, I went to Mayhem Saturday and got to go VIP! This allowed me to skip all the lines for artist signings. In addition, I got to go backstage and meet ALL THREE headlining bands! That means, yes, I got to meet Dave Mustaine, along with the rest of Megadeth, Disturbed, and Godsmack, all guys who seemed cool (although you could tell Dave wasn't doing well, but at least they played. Plus, I already saw them perform Rust in Peace and more when I saw them last year, so the only new songs I heard that they hadn't played last time were Sweating Bullets, and new song Public Enemy No. 1.

Is anyone else excited for Uproar? I was pumped when I heard about A7X's setlist poll, which is incredible, since I consider them my favorite band ever. However, with the final tally out, it looks like many were dumb enough to vote on almost all of the singles that they normally play anyways. Despite this, a few great deep cuts made the list. Here's my wishlist from the eligible songs (remember that they only play 10), and my realistic expectations:

Wishful Thinking:
Beast and the Harlot
Second Heartbeat
Not Ready to Die
Buried Alive
Seize the Day
Chapter Four
I Won't See You Tonight Part 1
M.I.A.
Bat Country
A Little Piece of Heaven

Realistic:
Beast and the Harlot
Not Ready to Die
Welcome to the Family
Scream
Seize the Day
Almost Easy
Bat Country
Chapter Four
A Little Piece of Heaven
Unholy Confessions

I really, REALLY want them to play M.I.A., as well as IWSYTP1 and Not Ready to Die. Second Heartbeat and Chapter Four would also be incredible, and something tells me they'll play one of the two (but not both) at my show. But honestly, I'm such a big fan, even if they play one deep cut, or even a song I haven't heard them do before (even such as more common ones like Seize the Day and ALPOH), I'll be happy. And yes, I know they mix it up every show, but this is just my guess for my show.

This whole thing was rigged haha, people were voting for obscure songs, what was on the list was awesome, then one day, everything avenged sevenfold has played for the past 3 years shot up to the top. At one point sidewinder was number 1, when I saw that I salivated.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "this1neguy only sees classic rock bands" trope continues. Heart and Def Leppard last night. Heart was really, really good; Ann Wilson still sounds exactly the same as she did back when they recorded the albums and their band in general was spot-on. Def Leppard was far better than I expected; their live performances really are better than their albums in my book. All told, a solid concert.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above I went to the Rockstar Uproar Tour. And it was by far, the greatest concert I've ever gone to, (before you try to change my mind and say whatever, I had 13 of my best friends go with me, so it was the all around experience that made this concert). Every band that I had wanted to see, I had already seen at least once but I'll give my reviews on all the bands I saw. (I missed the art of dying and hell or highwater because my trip down to the concert got delayed by traffic caused by the evacuation of new jersey).

Black Tide : These guys are good performers, however their setlist needs to be worked on. They only had 5 songs to play from, and 4 of them were from their new album. I know that you're trying to promote ... but it needs to be even. I've seen them twice and they have yet to play shockwave, which is probably the song that got them on the map.

Sevendust : Like the last time I saw them I didn't really know much stuff of theirs but they still put on a good show, and had a lot of energy.

Escape the Fate : These guys dissapointed me, I love EtF, but I feel they didn't put enough into their performance. I feel like there wasn't much energy and the quality of craig's voice is lackluster. I love the songs but they're not that great live imo.

Bullet For My Valentine : I've seen these guys now for the 5th time, and yesterday was a spectacular performance. A lot of energy, they had a new stage built, different from what I've seen. Padge played a little solo thing which was nifty. My only problem with these guys is they never play my favorite song, which is one of their most popular songs (Hearts Burst Into Fire), i've only seen it played live once, and also I usually find them playing the same stuff every time, but it's whatever.

Seether : Meh, these guys were boring, the only song I like by them is Fake It, but regardless it was nice to rest from a day of headbanging for a little while before the last two bands.

Three Days Grace : Absolutely mind blowing, I love the energy brought by the lead singer. Their set was pretty much the same as the first time i saw them, but honestly there's only one song I would have thrown in there to make their set better, and I understand why it's not included (Gone Forever).

Avenged Sevenfold : My favorite band, put on their best performance that I've ever seen last night, they had the best setlist I've seen them play yet, and I couldn't be happier that I saw them. Everything was perfect, they had an amazing stage, great prescence and energy, jokes and syn hits every solo like it's nothing. They will be changing their setlist every night and that is amazing. They Played :

Nightmare
Beast and the Harlot
Welcome to the Family
Second Heartbeat
Afterlife
Buried Alive
So Far Away
Chapter Four
A Little Piece of Heaven
Bat Country
Unholy Confessions (with Crossroads moshpit riff medley)

I highly recommend going to this festival.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I had quite the killer concert weekend. First up was the Rockstar Uproar Festival that's already been mentioned (including by me), and it was an incredible day. I've seen pretty much every single band there before, and they mostly played similar sets, but they each played very well again and it was fun. I'll focus on A7X though, which I gotta say, exceeded my expectations. Above, my setlist prediction was:

Beast and the Harlot
Not Ready to Die
Welcome to the Family
Scream
Seize the Day
Almost Easy
Bat Country
Chapter Four
A Little Piece of Heaven
Unholy Confessions

And can you believe I actually got 7 of the 11 right (even crazier considering they only said they would do 10)? The Tampa setlist was:

Nightmare
Chapter Four (!)
Welcome to the Family
Almost Easy
Seize the Day (!!)
Afterlife
M.I.A. (!!!)
God Hates Us
A Little Piece of Heaven ()
Bat Country
Unholy Confessions

Considering City of Evil is my favorite album, I was thrilled they played Seize the Day and M.I.A.. Would have loved to see some of the others, but I can't complain, as this was the best setlist I could have asked for.

In other news, I saw Periphery the day after on their first headlining tour, along with The Human Abstract and others. Every band sounded great and the crowd was extremely energetic. They pretty much played everything would have wanted them too, including closing with the 15-minute epic Racecar. These guys are gonna go places. Was also pleased to get five of them to sign their album booklet for me (other than their drummer, the one I wanted the most).

Finally, I saw the Rock Allegiance tour yesterday with Papa Roach, Buckcherry, Puddle of Mudd, and P.O.D.. There were others, but these were the only ones I saw. The crowd was surprisingly active and rowdy (probably because they were hammered), but it was definitely fun, especially when it rained for a bit), although it was easily the least fun of the three. Bonus points for being the only concert venues I've ever seen with it's own pool. Definitely want to go back there for when the Hollywood Undead/Asking Alexandria and GWAR tours come through.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to see Avenged Sevenfold this November. There's also Black Veil Brides, a band that I can get into musically at least from what I've heard of their newest album. Hollywood Undead who can go fuck themselves. And finally Asking Alexandria who I guess I could get into musically, but listening to a few songs of theirs, really not overly interested in. Mostly just going cause I'm dying to go to a show and I can't afford to go to Tampa and watch Priest and Black Label Society lol
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a busy weekend! Links go to youtube of the televised event.

Friday:
Asleep at the Wheel
Delta Spirit
Cold War Kids
Bright Eyes
Coldplay

Saturday:
The Antlers
Young the Giant
Skrillex
Cee Lo Green
TV on the Radio
Stevie Wonder

Sunday:
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
Death from Above 1979
Fleet Foxes
Social Distortion
Arcade Fire

Ones that I missed that I regret: Chromeo, Iron & Wine, My Morning Jacket

Obviously this has been the best set of concerts I've ever seen... Now if only the whole ordeal wasn't so exhausting and I wasn't sunburned

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Cold War Kids
Bright Eyes
Skrillex
Cee Lo Green
TV on the Radio
Stevie Wonder
Death from Above 1979
Fleet Foxes
Social Distortion
Arcade Fire
Chromeo

SO... DAMN... JEALOUS.
Skrillex needs to get his ass to the UK, and I've already missed DFA1979 twice this year

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
directshot999  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to see Buckethead tonight at Workplay Theater in Birmingham. Probably the most excited I've ever been for anything in my life
uSound  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Popped Festival in Philadelphia this past Saturday (my first concert, woot), saw these fine fellows and ladies:

Patty Crash
Zee Avi
Mates Of State
Cults
Sun Airway
Budos Band
Charles Bradley

Titus Andronicus
Rakim
Kreayshawn
Foster The People
Girl Talk
Pretty Lights

I was in love with the bolded artists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
Kreayshawn

SO JEALOUS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Roger Water's The Wall tour about a year ago. It was okay. I think he sucks balls at singing Gilmour's original vocal parts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 47 of 55

Jump to: