Enter Shikari
Lacuna Coil
Lady GaGa
Pendulum
Skindred
30 Seconds To Mars

I WANT TO BE YOU.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Veil Brides - These guys were one of the two I was interested in seeing, especially after listening to their latest album a good bit over the past month or two and really enjoying it. Sadly, while they played great, they were the first band and it was hard to get the energy up and they weren't as loud as the other three bands, but certainly good.

Asking Alexandria - These guys were up next and while I don't find their music good, they did put on a good show, trying to get the crowd riled up, probably were the most energetic band up there with lots of jumping around and serious headbanging.

Hollywood Undead - Why the fuck were these guys on the bill? And why do they have like 7 guys in the band and only two...kinda three...even play instruments? And why have someone playing keyboard every other song or less than that, when the rest of the keyboard type stuff is just being pre-recorded and played over everything? Why is there a second percussionist? Why does one guitarist just stop being a guitarist half the time? Why are these guys like a bad slipknot rap rock ripoff? Fuck, these guys were boring lol The crowd were into them, but I got more entertainment during the intermission after them when Metallica was played on the speakers. Unless you seriously love these dudes, I would say pass on them if ever possible. The only entertaining guy is kinda the drummer, cause he looks like he is kinda good at it.

Avenged Sevenfold - Holy balls, they were good. I know I've said I'm not a fan of their recent material on here, but god damn, they put on hell of a show. A good mixture of new and old songs, great energy, nice lighting, good sound, and fucking PYRO. I've never been to a show with pyro and man was it fantastic. Their stage setup was really neat and it was awesome getting blasted by heat, even 50 feet away from the stage lol I had a blast with these guys and was really worth going to. I'd totally see them again if I had the chance.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can add 3 more bands to the list.

Second Floor Love Story : This is my little brother's band so it's only right that I advertise them. Sadly their performance yesterday wasn't very good, but that's okay, they're a bunch of teenagers who just introduced their new drummer. Their sound was lackluster, but they tried really hard to get the crowd in it. My brother's guitar strap broke which was really weird. Their songs are pretty good, yesterday was just one of those unfortunate performances. They did a very good job covering Sum 41's Fat Lip, which really had the crowd going, I started a mosh pit for em. I'd check these guys out though (I'm not saying that just cuz it's my little brother), they're a pop-rock band with some metal influences.

Big Chocolate - It was dubstep, I'm not really a fan of dubstep, half the time I messed around dancing like an idiot. I don't really understand the music, I couldn't tell the difference between songs, they all just meshed together, and that just doesn't appeal to me.

Breathe Carolina - These guys were okay, I wasn't very impressed, but it wasn't bad. Just like the dubstep, I couldn't really tell the difference between their songs. My friend ricky made a good point, he says he thinks they could really use a rapper haha.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Zappa Plays Zappa on Tuesday, and Jesus Christ can they play. Every member is ridiculously good, especially the drummer and the percussionist. 4-stick xylophone FTW.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say something to all metalheads: If you have never seen GWAR before, the next chance they come to town, DON'T MISS IT! Even if you don't know the songs (at least try Let Us Slay on RB, which they play live), you will have tons of fun. The music is good, but the stage show is one of the best I've ever seen. They all wear costumes, they make jokes between songs, characters battle onstage during songs, and they try to find every chance they get to spray blood on you (at least every three songs). One of the best shows of the year for me, which is saying something since I've been to a lot.

Here's a video of the last two songs they played, just so you can get an idea of their antics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqwNdDSSXE (blood spraying at 3:34 and 7:20)
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to watch Gwar. Their music kicks ass and yeah I heard their stage shows are just a blast to watch.
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you got there early enough to see ETID.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got there right after Warbeast (band before ETID) started. Warbeast was pretty good, they reminded me a lot of Slayer, which definitely isn't a bad thing. This was actually the second time I saw Every Time I Die (first was at Warped Tour 2009), and they were awesome. They're definitely a different style from GWAR and Warbeast, The crowd was pumped for them, but there was still a lot of moshing and crowd surfing going on. Their guitarist even dived into the crowd at one point. My only gripe was that they didn't play The New Black, but they did play it at Warped, so at least I've seen it already.

But as awesome as they were, there is no comparison to GWAR.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omfg

OMFG

I went to see BTBAM last night, seriously the best show I've ever seen in my life. Oh my god I'm still fangirling so hard over it.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
omfg

OMFG

I went to see BTBAM last night, seriously the best show I've ever seen in my life. Oh my god I'm still fangirling so hard over it.

I went to that show when it came by about a month ago, and I completely agree! The setlist was great (starting with Mirrors straight into Obfuscation was phenomenal and unexpected), and I was lucky enough to meet the band before the show. I actually brought my CD booklets of Alaska, Colors, and The Great Misdirect that I had them sign (in addition to a free poster they gave me), but my dumb ass somehow dropped the TGM one on the way to put them back in my car (I looked everywhere for it too). It was a bummer, but it was still an incredible day.
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerosmith 2x
Dropkick Murphys
Motley Crue
Rush
Fort Minor
Korn
Metallica
Foo Fighters
Kid Rock
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Roger Waters
Chickenfoot
Disturbed

All great concerts! Most surprising was Fort Minor because a friend got me the ticket and I knew Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park and they just got started before they got big and was pretty good. Played at a small club in Boston and got to meet him as well. Pretty cool guy. I went into that concert not knowing one song but had a blast. Crowd hated that Where Did You Go song and someone chucked their cup of ice at her. That wasn't cool.

Best concert was probably Roger Waters. Played the entire The Wall album and the songs/visuals were AMAZING.

Worst was Kid Rock. I only say that because he played a lot of his crap country songs and not enough of his old school rap/rock songs. Played with Lynyrd Skynyrd and to be honest Skynyrd stole the show. Can never go wrong with a 20 minute Free Bird!

http://www.youtube.com/user/IISuperJerryII

Boston has won all 4 major sports championships in a span of 7 years. Welcome to TITLETOWN, USA!
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Oyster Cult.

3 blocks from my house.

Heaven.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back from seeing Streetlight Manifesto last night, best show of my life.

They played amazingly and I had a blast moshing during most of their set. I even got to crowd surf! It was an extraordinary experience.
Knux2007  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring Me The Horizon
Architects
Parkway Drive
Between The Buried and Me
Animals As Leaders
The Red Chord
TesseracT
Cave In
Mastodon
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Red Fang

Of these bands, the best live performance would have to be Animals As Leaders. Seeing them perform, especially being so close to the stage so I got to see the guitar playing in all it's glory was just beautiful.

The most hyped up and crazy crowd, however, would have to go to Bring Me The Horizon. Everyone was just having fun going crazy while they were playing, and they really got the energy flowing. They aren't really my cup of tea, but they were pretty good!

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:
Just wanted to say something to all metalheads: If you have never seen GWAR before, the next chance they come to town, DON'T MISS IT! Even if you don't know the songs (at least try Let Us Slay on RB, which they play live), you will have tons of fun. The music is good, but the stage show is one of the best I've ever seen. They all wear costumes, they make jokes between songs, characters battle onstage during songs, and they try to find every chance they get to spray blood on you (at least every three songs). One of the best shows of the year for me, which is saying something since I've been to a lot.

Very very true. I've seen them twice, and they're always a blast. If you do go to one of their shows, I recommend wearing clothing that you don't mind throwing away THAT NIGHT. They will be get ruined.

That being said, leave a spare change of clothes and a towel in the car.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 49 of 55

Jump to: