Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lortwogo - X (464/660) - GH3PC + Customs up and running
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah long time no see. very very nice fc on top of that, gratz !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you back again! You'll definitely get OGaP real quick if you keep trying. The only things that are difficult with this song are learning the strumming patterns where they threw random HOPOs, learning the main solo, and not missing in the last solo. Those 20 NPS triplets can be a pain though, but from what I remember I think you used to be pretty good at descending sets.

Best of luck, hoping to catch you streaming soon!

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
An update! Given your skill, and what you managed to pull off with Ogap already, I would say that an FC should come fairly soon! I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your thread and on twitch to see when you get it! Also, if me FCing Rev Death helped motivate you for the FC, that's pretty cool Keep at it my friend! You've got this

Yeah, watching you just do like one run of Rev Death and getting the FC made me remember that a couple of the DF DLC songs are actually pretty doable, and I figured I should get one of the ones you don't have Kappa

Cabanon wrote:

Haven't gotten the FC yet

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Nice to see you back again! You'll definitely get OGaP real quick if you keep trying. The only things that are difficult with this song are learning the strumming patterns where they threw random HOPOs, learning the main solo, and not missing in the last solo. Those 20 NPS triplets can be a pain though, but from what I remember I think you used to be pretty good at descending sets.

Best of luck, hoping to catch you streaming soon!

Yeah, the strumming patterns I think are the worst for me, and probably the main thing that goes away when you don't play for a while. I can still do solo sections without too much trouble (I've gotten several full solo FCs already, and I've been doing okay with SF2/SttE). I saw when I was playing Rev Death too that my worst bits are the strumming sections where it changes frets every 2 notes; I don't know if I strum too fast, too slow, or if I fret too fast or too slow, or both, etc etc.

As an update as well, I have a video of a 1816 note streak run with comedy run bits before and after the streak, and it was my first run of the day with no warm-up. The start was hilariously bad, and SF2 and SttE/AT were pitiful (in my first runs of OGaP earlier in the week, I was actually FCing SF2 to the end several times in actual runs).

If there's anything I know about myself, it's that while I may have the skill capability, I'm really sloppy with whatever I do, so it'll probably still take some time to get close to an FC.

http://www.twitch.tv/lortwogo

Last edited by Lortwogo on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blocked by UMG :/
Good runs, tough song.
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
blocked by UMG :/
Good runs, tough song.

Damn it YouTube; thanks for letting me know I switched the url to the twitch VOD instead of the YouTube link, so it should be viewable now.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lortwogo wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

Haven't gotten the FC yet

oh crap, mislead the post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff... maybe we could race this FC? I'm not really close, I got the tech FC though, and managed to get some sections together until I got a 6-segment FC.

So you seem much more close to the FC than me, but I need motivation, maybe we should get the run with the least notes missed :p
I think I got a really nice -19 (the run of my life tbh, it was a first try and I got a lot of stuff that I still have trouble with in practice lol).
I took pictures, I will check if I did -19 and upload the pictures (if I find the motivation... )

So, interested in an easy race? :p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Nice stuff... maybe we could race this FC? I'm not really close, I got the tech FC though, and managed to get some sections together until I got a 6-segment FC.

So you seem much more close to the FC than me, but I need motivation, maybe we should get the run with the least notes missed :p
I think I got a really nice -19 (the run of my life tbh, it was a first try and I got a lot of stuff that I still have trouble with in practice lol).
I took pictures, I will check if I did -19 and upload the pictures (if I find the motivation... )

So, interested in an easy race? :p

Conveniently enough I've been slacking off the past couple days because I've been unmotivated, doing this with you might make me keep putting in time Only thing I can mention though is in the past 10 days or so since I decided to start up GH3 for OGaP again, I've only played like 6-8 hours. I don't think I'll be lengthening grind/practice sessions either, so I'll have to see what I can manage in terms of time.

tl:dr, I'll agree, and even though I'm not putting in too much time, I'll still try my best

Naruto42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I found my pics, it was a -29, so you are ahead

I need to hit 10 moar notes, while not missing others, somehow

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Losviken, I've got GH3PC up and running, and I've picked up a small handful of setlists to go with it. Just today I finally got my 360 LP hooked up to the PC and it works great, so I might do some fun streams with playing the customs in the near future. If for whatever reason you have a setlist you think I should add, I'm up for doing so, since I haven't added much myself at the moment.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: