ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jam Sessions/Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 [DS]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Namu  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Jam Sessions/Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06 [DS] Reply with quote

Some of you probably already heard of this game, but I haven't seen a topic about it anywhere yet, so...
At first, I didn't really pay much attention when I read about this game, seemed like some lame-ass GH impersonator to me, but then without the pleasure of using a guitar controller. But when I saw these movies today, it made me change mind. This could actually prove to be something special... Especially the movie with the two japanese female guitarists is worth looking (second movie). What do you guys think? I say, if this game gets good reviews when it's released, I'm buying it.
(Note: "Jam Sessions" is actually the sequel to the game "Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06", wich was only released in Japan, I think.)

Movie 1

Movie 2

Movie 3 (Guns 'n Roses cover)

Movie 4 (User review of the first one)

Movie 5 (Gametrailers feature about "Jam Sessions")

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
samqwe  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to be cool hope it will be released in europe soon, thanks namu for the infomations and the vids!
SamStone  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this program today. I wouldn't call it a 'game'. Really, what it is is a strumming guitar simulator. The program has a bunch of sampled guitar chords built into it. The user interface consists of a 'strum string' and the D-pad and the left shoulder button. Basically, you play the 'guitar' by pressing the D-Pad to select the chord, and then strumming up and down on the touch screen to match the strum rhythm. I play an acoustic guitar, and this thing works pretty well as a substitute, so long as you're just strumming chords and not trying to do intricate fingerwork.

It comes with a bunch of songs (some pretty good ones, like Blind Melon's 'No Rain', Beck's 'Jackass', and a few others), but you don't really play them like you'd play guitar hero. Rather, it's more like sheet music which appears in the top display which you can read to play the song. It scrolls as you play the chords and strum, but you can play at your own pace.

You can also just play free-form. Play any song you like. I opened a chord book of songs and just played them. It's almost like playing a real guitar. The difference between strumming up and strumming down sounds different just as it does on a real guitar, and you can alter volume by changing the length of the stroke.

You can compose your own songs, and the publisher is actually trying to promote this as a tool for songwriters - if you think up a song, you can play it on your DS and record it for later playback. I think it might make a pretty good compositional tool, actually. You can program the D-pad for different chords, so you could write a blues song and set up the D-pad with your blues progression, then just play and sing (it also supports a microphone, but I haven't tried singing yet).

If you plug the DS into a portable guitar amp, you can make a pretty cool little rig for playing songs at parties, or camping (with a battery powered amp) or whatever.

If you want to actually learn guitar, this thing will help you understand chords and practice strum patterns, or practice strumming while singing at the same time. You'll have to learn the actual chord fingerings for guitars later, but the strum patterns will work just the same. So it's not a bad teaching tool, either.

Well worth the $39 if you're into making music or learning guitar. But if you're just looking for a rhythm game, look elsewhere.
StoneTemplePilot  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam Sessions is actually awesome
gameplay is a little weird but once you get used to it you will love it
and amazing track list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: