ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Warming up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Warming up Reply with quote

Does anyone else find they have to warm up before they really play well? Like I usually find when I start playing that I play like a bag of asses for a few songs before I really play like I actually can. I didn't realize it was so simliar for warming up on a real instrument.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I normally play a few songs on Expert before trying to get my 5-stars on Hard.

Playing on a higher difficulty than I need to is like a turbo warm-up for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find this to be the case. But I also find that my playing peaks and then goes down again if I continue playing nonstop without small breaks.

For example, back to the day before I got 100% on SOML, the first few times I played it that day I missed several things that were easy and I knew I could combo. So I kept trying and over time I eventually got to the point where I could not combo the R-O-B-RY parts a single time which was extremely frustrating because it's so easy and I never missed them once in my beginning attempts. The very next day I got 100% / 1st place in just a few attempts (after having warmed up on other songs).

So I don't know if it's a mental or physical thing, but I know my scores could be much better if I could learn to always play my best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that, JCirri...amen to that.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes i feel i have to warm up

other times i feel im right up for it, i switch it on and 5* songs straight away, like when I done BATM on Expert and completed it, I was shocked I done it, it was the second song i played im sure
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. The day I made my BatM video, I woke up, picked up the controller, and played BatM just to see how I would do. This was the first time I played BatM as my first song, and to my surprise, the song seemed to move twice as fast as normal! I definitely need a warm-up before playing to prepare my mind for GH.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defintely...

i have to play two or three songs before i try TF, but then i just end up 4*ing it anyways, pisses me off
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I have to warm up.. though the day that I played my 100% symphony on hard, it was my first song of the day.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Yep. The day I made my BatM video, I woke up, picked up the controller, and played BatM just to see how I would do. This was the first time I played BatM as my first song, and to my surprise, the song seemed to move twice as fast as normal! I definitely need a warm-up before playing to prepare my mind for GH.

My mind is usually set to go, it's my hands that need the warm up. If I try to play BatM-x first thing, my left hand hurts, and hurts fast.

About getting worse at a song after a certain point, it varies with me. The easier songs to play wear on me FAST, and I'll find myself screwing up the second phrase or something after only two or three tries. On the more intense songs I seem to benefit from extended playtime... I played BW-h for like 4 hours straight one afternoon trying to 5* it, and while my score fluctuated a bit, my accuracy went up steadily.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently figured out that the more I play a song, the lower of a note streak I get. However, I almost always improve my percentage by at least 1% with each successful runthrough. (Example: I've went from hitting Get Ready to Rokk with an 88% and a 250+ note streak to 95% with a 110 note streak. )

My score slightly improves every round too, which frustrates me even more because I know I have to keep going. If it were to drop I'd be fine, since I could just practice it another round. The fact that improves by a few thousand points a round just makes me really angry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: