ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I have a couple of questions not covered in the FAQ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyrionXavier  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: I have a couple of questions not covered in the FAQ Reply with quote

Hello. I've read over the FAQ, and browsed the forum, and didn't see the answers to these questions:

1. My playstation is equipped with a hard drive. Am I able to create the images on my PC and copy them to my PS2, the same way that I can with any other PS2 game?

2. Do any of the custom songs support multiple difficulty selections or multiplayer?

3. Do any of the song-making utilities support multiple difficulties, or multiplayer?

The reason I ask is - My friends and I are looking to add some new songs into Guitar Hero 2, but there won't be much point if we can't play them together (either co-op or faceoff), since we play it as a party-style game, and our skill at the game varies widely.

Thanks for your time.
cliffjumper  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean using HDLoader or some equivalent, then yes, you can use that.

I'm pretty sure nearly all of the custom songs are expert-only. If they're not, the creator usually mentions it somewhere in his post. If you try to play a difficulty/mode not supported, the game crashes.

As for song creation, I imagine there's a way to program multiple difficulties, but I don't know how to do it (I haven't had much experience creating custom songs yet).
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes

2. If they explicitly state so, then yes. But at the moment, 90% are Expert only, a couple like Plug In Baby and Hell's Kitchen have true Co-Op, and quite a few more have Pro-Face Off available.

3. Yes.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
TyrionXavier  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was fast.

OK - that settles it then, I'm gonna have to start making my own note charts.

I'm thinking maybe I'll start with an existing song and making the lower difficulty versions of that song, just to get a feel for it. With the author's permission, of course.
Falango  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the custom songs people have made have different difficulties, and are multiplayer compatible, but only if the author has created note charts for those other tracks too. Personally, all my songs have just been made using the expert track, regardless of how hard it is. I may take the time at a later date to make some multiplayer, but right now, I'm just in it to get these songs in the game to play. Right now, some of my friends won't be able to play these songs if their life depended on it, haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: