ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Has Anyone Seen This Controller And No Its Not The Shredder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zillatron  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Has Anyone Seen This Controller And No Its Not The Shredder Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUITAR-HERO-CONTROLLER-PS2-HEROS-HEROES-FOR-GH1-GH2_W0QQitemZ250001339594QQihZ015QQcategoryZ21188QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmmmmmm?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, has the same kinda buttons

I know RedOctane are giving away special edition guitars and one of them was a red one, but I thought it was a Cherry Red SG
dd3mon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pre-order for that controller, doesn't ship until July 17th.

It looks so much like the real red octane guitars that I bet it's an upcoming official model.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's way too slick and professional to just be somebody's basement creation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they just need some other models for the guitars.

I want the firebird baby...but making all of the models will likely never happen.
Anthony  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to make a battle axe guitar.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dd3mon wrote:

It looks so much like the real red octane guitars that I bet it's an upcoming official model.

HylianHero wrote:
Yeah, that's way too slick and professional to just be somebody's basement creation.

I really really hope my sarcasm-dar is broken because my first thoughts were completely in the other direction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

how about the guy who made the flying v?
Icerift  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope this thing is real. My current gh controller is on the brink of falling apart. Not sure if I would go out and by an original controller or an aftermarket newly designed one. The different color option is a big plus.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
HylianHero wrote:

how about the guy who made the flying v?

True...

I have a feeling that this is Red Octane though. I mean, the model of the body looks the EXACT same of professional quality as the SG controller does. And the fact that preorders are going out for it just increases the chance that it's a new model.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I have a shredder. It doesnt suck in the way people claim but it sucks in completely different ways. The thing that makes me think this is made by the same company as the Shredder (or a copycat company) is that the neck is identical to the shredder. Notice the distinctive scoop next to the truss rods. This is exactly the same shape as the Shredder. Additionally, look at the packaging. Does it look like a professional packaging job to you? I'd be embarassed to have my name on the box. Oh wait, Red Octane *isnt* shown on the box. I seriously doubt this is a Red Octane production.

I can't vouch for this guitar but the neck looks so much like the crappy Guitar Power guitar that I'd be wary of recommending it. I will point out, however that it has the Red Octane style buttons *and* a tilt sensor. The buttons on the "Shredder" suck not because they stuck but because there is nothing to guide them down onto the switches. They tend to rock over the switches so that one side of the button is depressed but the switch is not activated. Secondly, having to shake the guitar would be fine and possibly less error prone than having to tilt the guitar but I had to shake the body of the guitar with both hands and all my strength in order to activate star power. You cant just shake the neck or jump up and down. If the buttons and tilt sensor work equally well as the Red Octane guitars then these guitars might be ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt think it was official, you think RO would have their name plastered over it

perhaps its another 3rd party, like the POPStation as opposed to the PSP
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is with the chunk missing from the bottom left of the guitar where the wire is connected.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says 'rock' no less than five times on that side of the box alone. They must be pretty serious.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! I just noticed what it said on the box.

Compatible with Guitar Hero

It damn well better be compatible with Guitar Hero, since it's pretty much the only game that uses that control scheme. (Besides maybe Guitar Freaks)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: