ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What do you guys use to film?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shorneh  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: What do you guys use to film? Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of videos posted on youtube.com, and googlevideo, but I never understood how you people do that?

PLEASE OH PLEASE...

How do you record your awesome playing?
GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, with some sort of video recorder probably. I have a webcam that doubles as a video recorder, hooked to the comp and you could just save the file right there. My playing isn't special enough to submit a video though...when I'm done just trying to pass expert, I might submit some proofs for easy to get some contribution points.

Passed CFH a little while ago! Zakk Wylde, I'm coming for you next...fear me.

Edit: The actual name for the device I have would PC Video Camera, look for one of those. If your computer isn't close to your TV, look for a regular Video Camcorder and some Digital Cameras have a recorder in them too.
Anthony  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A camera...maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used my webcam to film once, it was a poor performance, i may try get my mates video camera to film sometime
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to give us an idea of your budget. Do you have a camcorder / webcam / VCR / cam phone / DV camera? All methods have different *price entry points* versus *ease of use* versus *video quality* considerations.

Personally, I use a Panasonic PV-GS59 Multicam which does everything I need.

For photo stills, it captures and stores them directly to a removable 512 MB SD Memory Card. I pop it into a USB reader and out comes the .jpg picture ready for upload.

For video it's a 3 step process:
- Capture the video onto the MiniDV tape (up to 60 minutes)
- Plug the cam (using a USB cable) into my laptop
- Dump the contents of the tape on hard drive with Quick Movie Magic (1 GB per 4 minutes), then I convert and compress the DV-AVI video to an .ASF file for electronic distribution (12 MB per 4 minutes). QMM does all the hard work automatically.

That's it!

Maybe other members can post their own prefered method of capturing video and pictures. We can then put it in a Sticky for everyone's reference. I have never tried to connect the PS2 to a VCR and never tried to grab the composite signal directly. Has anyone else?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
Maybe other members can post their own prefered method of capturing video and pictures. We can then put it in a Sticky for everyone's reference. I have never tried to connect the PS2 to a VCR and never tried to grab the composite signal directly. Has anyone else?

i used to record my Smackdown games onto VCR, they were better than the real thing!

I never had any method to put them onto PC then. I have a TV Capture card now
GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technology these days. Eventually, brains will be hot-swappable and you just clunk it into a robot and it goes to work for you and stuff. Now, there is the problem where your body won't actually be able to do anything. Unless you buy the premium version which copies all instructions from your brain and sends them through your body with a pocket-sized electric pulse distributer.

^ WTF? Sorry, just a little amped up since I beat the game on every difficulty! Fine, that means nothing here. I did it in 11 days, does that help at all? Now to actually get good scores...
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took me 2 months to complete it in every difficulty

i had a job to go to mind you Mr. Green
GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a job. TO ROCK! That came off a little more lame than I expected. I should get one of those thingies since I would like get an HDTV for my
Xbox.
Icerift  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Passed CFH a little while ago! Zakk Wylde, I'm coming for you next...fear me.

Sorry dude. For the longest time I thought it was Randy Rhoads, lol. Mr. Green
However the guitarist we can blame for this insanely tough riff is.......... Jake E. Lee.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used my webcam to record when I recorded. I used my "ghetto cam" rig that I found on the GH forums, recorded, and saved it to my computer directly. From there, I took it to Windows Movie Maker, saved the movie, and ran it through WinAVI Movie Converter to shrink the size.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked over your post, Hylian, and found that WinAVI is an excellent way to convert videos into smaller wmvs. I just have one question, when you record using your webcam, is there a specific program that you used? For some odd reason, mine only wants to record only a minute of video...and I hate it.[I got some really good Frankenstein happening, when it suddenly stopped filming.]
Sparda  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Dazzle. I picked it up at Circuit City for around 70 bucks.You can probably get it alot cheaper off the net.
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparda wrote:
I use Dazzle. I picked it up at Circuit City for around 70 bucks.You can probably get it alot cheaper off the net.

70 bucks cheaper?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: