Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Little-Known Facts About You!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 16 and I still sleep with a teddy bear.

There's a lot more interesting things about me (because y'know, Im just a REALLY interesting person) but usually the fact I play Guitar Hero is my interesting thing.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I respect and try to appreciate everyone's views and decisions in life no matter how radical or stupi dmy gut instinct maybe. What I mean by this is best explained by a situation I found myself in the other day. I was in conversation with a friend about her friend who I vaguely knew who had dropped out of school, despite being what I would consider very talented - she could pick up things and learn very fast, from what I saw. However, she had decided to study a Film course at a college instead. Her friend (who I was talking to) made no bones about disrespecting it, and when I didn't follow suit (saying something along the lines of that's cool, it sounds interesting), she was shocked. I was appalled inside because I thought it was just plain wrong that she could so easily write off someone's decision in life. Same goes with religion - I am steadfast in my views, but I respect and listen to everyone else's, because we're all entitled to the opinion. I will never call someone out, in other words.

-I never let my anger lose control and blow up. I have never got angry enough to lose it and explode at someone. I have come exceptionally close - I started shouting but caught myself before I said something I would regret - not that it matters, she hung up before I had started. I am proud to say that I always keep my composure around other people, no matter how stressed, inebriated or pressured I get. On my own is a different matter, I have lost composure a few times and cried, but that is a different story.

-I am a workaholic. I cannot enjoy my leisure activities without knowing that I have earned it in someway, whether it by doing some homework (which I sort of enjoy anyway) or having completed a long day at school. Luckily this is becoming a big asset, as I am in Upper Sixth Form, or Senior Year in America, I think.

-I'm very very proud of myself, even arrogant, yet everyone of my friends fervently disagrees with me. I am not openly cocky or boastfull about anything I have done, but inside I am immensely proud of it, whether it be the fact I did quite well in my exams or that I have massively increased my fitness this year and reallllly love the way my body looks.

-Finally, I'm not smart as most of my friends seem to think. I just work really fucking hard and know that sometimes in life, to get what you really want, you have to spend time doing shit you don't enjoy, or even hate. No one else gets that it seems, otherwise everyone would be at the same standard I am in my education (I have very little talent, but an excellent work ethic).

Cheers guys, it was fun and interesting to recount this, it made me think. I enjoyed reading everyone else's, so I wanted to add to the topic.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 31 and finally about to start wearing glasses.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:
- People that have no common sense piss me off more than anything I can think of.

TheHammer417 wrote:
- I am obsessed with baseball, but could care less about any other sport.

Uh-huh.

What? That's a preference, not having a lack of common sense...
You're an idiot.

Good god man, there are two things here that DON'T make sense, something he supposedly hates:
1) It's so blatantly obvious that you could care less about things other than something you OBSESS about, so it would make no sense mentioning that.
2) The expression is "couldn't care less".

Hoppakee.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:
- People that have no common sense piss me off more than anything I can think of.

TheHammer417 wrote:

Uh-huh.

You're an idiot.

You took the words right out of my mouth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:

TheHammer417 wrote:

Uh-huh.

You're an idiot.

Good god man, there are two things here that DON'T make sense, something he supposedly hates:
1) It's so blatantly obvious that you could care less about things other than something you OBSESS about, so it would make no sense mentioning that.

Hoppakee.

Thank you captain grammar. I didn't know this was english class. Instead of you trying to be a smartass, you could have simply pointed this out. This is the internet....on a message board, I don't think the world is going to end if something isn't in the utmost proper english form.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:

Thank you captain grammar. I didn't know this was english class. Instead of you trying to be a smartass, you could have simply pointed this out. This is the internet....on a message board, I don't think the world is going to end if something isn't in the utmost proper english form.

No, but I think the world will end if he doesn't hit his quota of trolling!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

Actually the expression really is "could care less." Nobody knows why it developed that way but it has been in existence as such for some time. Here is one page about it.
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

Actually the expression really is "could care less." Nobody knows why it developed that way but it has been in existence as such for some time. Here is one page about it.

That's a neat link. I love hearing about all the wackadoo origins of various English phrases idioms, and find it neater still when the conclusion is ultimately "we... really can't definitively say where this came from, no." (Bonus points when it's a word like "OK", which has a non-concrete origin story but is crazy popular and managed to spread into tongues across the globe like so much lingual kudzu.)

Anyway, I assume that "could[n't] care less" is like "[in]flammable" at this point, where my inner pedant just shuts the hell up about everything and lets users of both variants run with it.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Anyway, I assume that "could[n't] care less" is like "[in]flammable" at this point, where my inner pedant just shuts the hell up about everything and lets users of both variants run with it.

I make a point of saying "couldn't care less" myself, but in this case my opposition to grammar flames outweighs my opposition to the expression itself .
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
youhas wrote:

I make a point of saying "couldn't care less" myself, but in this case my opposition to grammar flames outweighs my opposition to the expression itself .

It's not technically wrong to say it though, surely. It's not the exact phrase that was coined, but it's a perfectly valid English sentence.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
youhas wrote:

It's not technically wrong to say it though, surely. It's not the exact phrase that was coined, but it's a perfectly valid English sentence.

Totally agreed! Just my personal preference to use one vs. the other.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
youhas wrote:

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't care about the subject, but I find this graph funny whenever it's brought up in an argument about the saying. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*deleted*

Last edited by stinkdog2007 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: